Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Yes I tried it and same thing, diden't work.

2. Thanks el bandido, mountaineer thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    MCelliotG Has made an excellent skin for the Octagon SF4008. This skin will work with other receivers, but it works extremely well on the Octagon. A short demo video is in the link, and a couple of screenshots are attached.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hi, what is this skin called ? where can I download it ?

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know when the skin will be available in .ipk or in feeds, but I will try to update this thread when the skin is available.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The SF4008 has been out almost a year now, so most likely what you see now is the finished product. Octagon is working on a new receiver and the SF4008 will probably be a low priority now.
    I still think DVB-S2 blindscan for the internal tuners will be added but it may be sometime in 2018 before we see it. I doubt much of anything else gets fixed though, and I will probably not be in a hurry to buy the next new Octagon receiver. The support for the SF4008 from the manufacturer has not been that great, and I feel that manufacturer support has been much less than advertised.

Some people in North America are having problems with the SF4008 and OpenATV image. Most of these problems are self inflicted, and they are also being caused by a vendor that is unprepared to market enigma2 receivers correctly. It makes no sense to sell a receiver in North America with an image that is designed for Germany installed in the receiver. It is what it is, and I wish the people that are struggling with OpenAtv the best of luck. Excellent people are at OpenATV, but there is no one from North America actively working with them to make sure the image runs correctly for us. So problems or issues are to be expected. EB

7. Thanks mountaineer, sideswiper thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    After reading the writing on the wall, I am glad I waited and did not purchase. I enjoy testing, but after a while, stacking receivers into the closet due to problems not corrected, starts to get old. Plus, having to deal with the wife asking why I need so many receivers, I just retort "why do you need so many shoes in the closet?". This usually neutralizes the conversation.

Hopefully, in 2018 a company will market a 4k receiver similar to the Optibox with StiLinux which will work for N.A. Or, maybe Octagon will get their act together and will fulfill a SF4018 with four tuners similar to the Duo2. As of now I am still a happy camper with the Duo2 and the enjoyment it's provided in both testing and other capabilities.

If I need 4k programming, I am happy with my 4k smart android tv to supply my need until a good 4k receiver is marketed in 2018.

9. Thanks el bandido, mountaineer, sideswiper thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    First and foremost, Octagon did help with getting ATSC installed in their receiver. I really appreciate that.
    Second, The SF4008 is a Great fta receiver IF you do not already own a great fta receiver. The Duo2 serves us well, and it saw several unexpected upgrades. There is not enough decent 4K content on satellite right now to make a 4K receiver a "must have" thing.
    Third, historically, we do not see much manufacturer support after a receiver has been on the market for 6 months. Things like APSK not working on tuner A and the two thousand radio stations not playing on 105 West will probably never get fixed on the SF4008.
    Fourth, someone in North America finally decided to sell enigma2 receivers. This in itself is a good thing, but it is bad because the North Amnerican sellers have no clue on how to support the product! I doubt that changes with the current enigma2 sellers. You would think they would at least know about the enigma2 manual written by OpenVix and point their customers to it. Image features will vary but most enigma2 menus are the same in every image. The blind will probably continue to lead the blind...

Bottom line:
    Anyone that would like to try an enigma2 receiver for the first time, OR someone that has one of the old dual boot enigma2 receivers would probably love the SF4008, provided they can figure out how to use it.
    Anyone that already has a decent enigma2 receiver like the Duo2 or even the Dual tuner OS Mini will probably not see much benefit from purchasing the SF4008.

Overall:
    I am glad the SF4008 was produced and am happy to see it sold in North America. But it could have been so much better in many different ways.

11. Thanks mountaineer, sideswiper thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Octagon did help with getting ATSC installed in their receiver" A few thumbs up to athoik too!

And yes, glad Rick took the plunge with the SF4008. It's a great start for new comers getting into fta with E2. Hopefully the audience will grow and mature. "but it is bad because the North American sellers have no clue on how to support the product!" True, but some die hard linux pci card users are taking the plunge to experiment with this receiver and thus assisting newcomers. Unless a good E2 receiver marketing scheme is initiated for N.A., the only factor will be word of mouth advertising. "Word of mouth", be it good or bad through complaints from people unable to handle the E2 learning curve.

Again, I am patiently waiting for 2018 and hope that the E2 market expands in the U.S.

13. Thanks mountaineer, sideswiper, el bandido thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maxy1 View Post
    Hi, what is this skin called ? where can I download it ?
    Glamour Aura FHD (GAFHD) is a Full High Definition and High graphic resolution skin for receivers running Enigma2 and the recent OpenPLI/OpenPLI-based images.

Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

15. Thanks MCelliotG thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    In what section can I make a post for my skin here too?

17. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    We do not have a skin section (yet). It is a plugin, so you may post it in plugins.

Or

You may post in another enigma2 location if you want.