Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    PID or Channel Edit in Enigma2: Lamedb File Edit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Complete channels, audio and video pids may be added or changed as needed by editing the lamedb file located in etc/enigma2. The pids you are wanting to change or add will probably be in decimal format, so the decimal(s) will need to be changed to a Hex value before you can edit pids in enigma2.

A channel in lamedb consists of 3 lines, plus the transponder has the be entered correctly in the lamedb file.

The transponder will be entered or found in lamedb like this:
    09190eec:0065:0001
    s 3820000:29994000:0:4:-1271:1:1:1:2:2:1
    /

The channel will be entered like this:
    0005:09190eec:0065:0001:1:0:0
    Hallmark
    p:,c:0001fe,c:0301fe,c:0401f4,c:050001,f:40

The first line of the channel information is the transponder information or transponder id.
    The second line of the channel information is the channel name.
    The third line of the channel information may contain provider id and may contain the audio, video, and other pids.

Here is a pid list for enigma2:
    0 VIDEO_PID
    1 AUDIO_PID
    2 TXT_PID
    3 PCR_PID
    4 AC3_PID
    5 VIDEOTYPE
    6 AUDIOCHANNEL
    7 AC3_DELAY
    8 PCM_DELAY
    9 SUBTITLE_PID

Looking at the pid list, and using the channel information listed above, we have a video pid of 1fe, a pcr pid of 1fe, an ac3 audio pid of 1f4, and a video type of 1.

We can use a hex converter like this one:[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Converting hex back to decimal will give us these values.
    1fe = 510
    1f4 = 500
    The video type(c:050001) has to be in there also for enigma2, or the channel will not display properly, or at all.
    At the beginning of the channel information (0005 ) is the SID for the channel.

There are not many times that we need to manually enter pid information. There are (Windows) enigma2 channel editors that can do the pid entry, but I prefer to do most of the editing in enigma2 manually.

Feel free to make comments or ask questions about this subject in this thread. This is something I am having to learn about by doing it because there is not much information about enigma2 pid editing on the internet. EB

2. Thanks DaveLH, rodder, mountaineer, skink, eastof111 thanked for this post
    Likes Sublime, tvsteve liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB very informative I will work on that. Now how would one go about adding a completely new NA satellite to the existing sat list. One that has not been listed at the satellite.xml creator site.
    Octagon SF4008, Vu+ Solo2, Titanium ASC1, Perfect 10 C/KU mesh 10 foot dish,Chaparral corotor II, 24 inch Von Wiese actuator, old AZBox premium HD Plus, TBS5925.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is a good idea to store the satellite.xml file in the etc/enigma2 folder. It will not automatically be overwritten during on line updates if it is stored in the etc/enigma2 folder.

Open the satellites.xml in a program for editing .xml files such as notepad++.. Open a satellite.xml file, then copy an existing satellite, change it to what you want, then insert it back into the satellite .xml file. Here is an example.

<sat name="11.0W Express AM44 Ku Band" flags="1" position="-110">
    <transponder frequency="10957000" symbol_rate="2300000" polarization="1" fec_inner="4" system="1" modulation="2"/>
    <transponder frequency="10983000" symbol_rate="12110000" polarization="1" fec_inner="0" system="0" modulation="1"/>
    <transponder frequency="11033000" symbol_rate="1795000" polarization="0" fec_inner="4" system="1" modulation="2"/>
    <transponder frequency="11483000" symbol_rate="3470000" polarization="1" fec_inner="0" system="0" modulation="1"/>
    <transponder frequency="11566000" symbol_rate="8000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="3" system="1" modulation="2"/>
    </sat>

We will change this to: Galaxy 25 at 95W
    <sat name="95.0W Galaxy 25 Ku Band" flags="1" position="-952">
    <transponder frequency="10957000" symbol_rate="2300000" polarization="1" fec_inner="4" system="1" modulation="2"/>
    <transponder frequency="10983000" symbol_rate="12110000" polarization="1" fec_inner="0" system="0" modulation="1"/>
    <transponder frequency="11033000" symbol_rate="1795000" polarization="0" fec_inner="4" system="1" modulation="2"/>
    <transponder frequency="11483000" symbol_rate="3470000" polarization="1" fec_inner="0" system="0" modulation="1"/>
    <transponder frequency="11566000" symbol_rate="8000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="3" system="1" modulation="2"/>
    </sat>

It is important to remember that two satellites cannot have the exact same orbit position, else the file will not work correctly. So alter the satellite degrees by a tenth or two to keep the c/ku satellites from having the Exact same orbit location. I prefer to alter the C band orbit instead of the ku band for USALS. The example above in red has an orbit location of 95.2 West in the receiver.

Insert the modified satellite back into the sat file and you are done. If it does not work, carefully check for mistakes. Put the modified sat file in the etc/enigma2 folder. That way if you have a problem, you can simply delete the satellite file and reboot the box.

There is also a plugin named TS Sat Editor that will allow you to modify the sat file using the receiver.

The blindscan plugin looks at the transponders in satellites.xml, so it is a good idea to have c band transponders for a c band satellite.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Thanks skink, eastof111, DaveLH, mountaineer thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again EB have been trying to figure that out myself, will work on that. Satellite 111 those transponders you wanted us to scan to see if we could pick them up, didnt happen with a straight scan. Now I hooked up the TBS 5925 tuner with the octagon and did get a few more on that sat however there was no video and not one was what you wanted . Hoping for satellite blindscan soon for this box, blindscan for cable is working now in Europe, they say for sats is next.
    Octagon SF4008, Vu+ Solo2, Titanium ASC1, Perfect 10 C/KU mesh 10 foot dish,Chaparral corotor II, 24 inch Von Wiese actuator, old AZBox premium HD Plus, TBS5925.

7. Thanks el bandido, mountaineer thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello DaveLH
    Does your receiver has 2 tuners, A and B, if it does and if you only try tuner A try tuner B and see if it scans those transponders.
    One more question, How long did it take for your receiver to arrive to your house?
    Regards.
    Chewie

9. Thanks DaveLH, mountaineer thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered mine from satshop.fi in Norway, they had no stock so had to wait two weeks for shipment then 5 days later I had it. I will set up on tuner 2 and get back, these tuners are more sensitive than the Vu+ solo2. It runs excellent but they are still fine tuning things.

11. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was on sat 127 west, switched input from top connector to the bottom and re scanned, 8 channels logged same as before, will try sat 111 with the TBS5925 later. Now if type of scan is set to user defined transponder, DVB s2 some additional settings appear, input stream id which is 3 digits max, PLS mode is root or gold or Combo and PLS code with 6 possible digits. Playing with PLS mode set to gold additional transponders get scanned. They come up as 4K but my tv is only capable of 1080i, (whining). Don't understand all this and nobody is saying.

13. Thanks el bandido, eastof111, mountaineer thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Should have the new Octagon in 3-4 more days.

March 27, 2017, 3:48 pm Inbound Out of Customs
    Your item cleared United States Customs at 3:48 pm on March 27, 2017.

15. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
    Likes DaveLH, skink liked this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered mine from Spain and other than the slow movement in the mail,it came intact.It is a different receiver than the run of the mill available for cheap.This is my first receiver running linux,so it will take sometime to learn.It offers alot of options I need to understand.I am glad el bandido is getting one.He has the knowledge needed to get the most out of this box.

17. Thanks el bandido, mountaineer, DaveLH thanked for this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, best place in NA for enigma2 training is right here. Skink you will be happy you chose the E2 route and you have one of the best box's to play with. I started out with an AZbox in 2012 and never looked back. Just this morning loaded up egami ver 8 an awsome image, that's the beauti of these box's. Welcome.

19. Thanks skink thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast