Thread: Zgemma H5.AC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Great review Mountaineer! Hope they get the blind scan up and running.

2. Thanks ViP3R, mountaineer thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    3708V 3333
    4133V 5000
    4110V 7136
    4057V 2944
    4030V 9260

105w radio stations
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

4. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rob,
    Could not get a signal on 4057 V 2944. Got the rest...however I could not find sound on any that I tried. I will keep working on them. All the 3740 channels played fine. These ID as mpeg..but no sound?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Thanks el bandido, rrob311 thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are mostly feeds so they aren't live with audio all the time. How many stations do you figure it scanned total from those transponders?
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

8. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say close to 2000. I tired a whole lot of them...I will try again tonight hopefully...right now dish is full of snow and will probably freeze up tonight.
    Are there others you need me to try?

Also I ran the recording test on the H3.ac and it recorded 4:2:2 CBS (even though it cant decode it) , CBS ATSC and I watched ATSC FOX sub channel all at the same time and the recording were great!!!
    So far I can find no differences between the 2 boxes for every day fta use.

10. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boxes seem to run cool. Front LED can display time in 24 or 12 hr formats.
    Like I said the ATSC has a loop out which is nice....I did discover that the box must be on for it to pass through...just like most receivers. As long as the box has power, even in standby it will pass the ATSC thru.
    There is no loop out for DVB S2.

12. Thanks rrob311, el bandido, eastof111 thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing I can think of right now. I moved my dish to 131w for the snowstorm to avoid accumulation. There are some low symbol rate channels on 99w cband that are narrowly spaced but I am not sure if they are still up or not. They have a 1562 symbol rate.

14. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I set up about 10 timer recordings. All are recurring...either daily or weekly. Some are on Sat and some ATSC and a couple are on both at the same time. The boxes have had 100% success rate and the recordings have played back flawlessly both on the box and over the network. The time plugin keeps the box spot on for time. Really well done.

One thing for E2 developers...there appears to be a slight bug in the timer conflict detection. I have noticed it finds conflicts when there are none at times. I have to hit the ignore button or option. i find it is usually when two timers start at *:59. Even if it is different days and different times...if it is at :59 whether it is 1:59 or 23:59 that is where most of the conflicts takes placce...Thanks for all of your hard work on the E2 images!

16. Thanks el bandido, eastof111 thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Timer conflicts may be fixable IF enough information about them is provided.

18. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  19. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went out of town Saturday into Sunday......After a week I can say all timer recordings were perfect and box has worked wonderfully. I also can report that the Boxes do NOT do 16apsk. I tried on the Florida State women's feed last night on G 28 Cband and it was a no go...Openbox S10 did get it as did OS mini. I assume this is hardware...but I have heard of it being software in some boxes and then it was enabled and boxes got 16apsk. Hopefully the engineers will read this and let us know if the box is capable of 16apsk, but as of now no it isnt.
    The atsc side continues to hum along as does all the other features...this box(s) is setup and leave alone....just watch and record....Very nice! Very Stable, and very fast. I had to do something on the optibox anaconda last night..and I love those boxes...but it seemed to take an eternity to get through the menus, tune, etc. The zgemmas have spoiled me with there speed.

20. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R, eastof111 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast