1. Collapse Details
    Eagle Aspen EASDTV2BUHF UHF antenna
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I picked up one of these for 15$ shipped specifically to permanently mount it and get one channel that is 50 miles or so from me. I set it up and added a radio shack pre-amp to it. I did a channel scan and to my surprise I got NBC in Rhode Island to come in which is about 90 miles away. I have a good line of sight to it and the station is putting out 975kw so that helps. Hopefully it will come in consistently. I like this antenna because it is smaller and it is portable since I put it on a tripod.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That looks like the antenna I used in Europe for local channels.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's pretty good reception for 90 miles. I've seen the same setup in a 4 element array; my guess is that would be really good for fringe area reception.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya I wasn't even expecting to get that channel. But I did some research and it appears there are no hills blocking me. There are a few other channels at the same location of the transmitter but one is 375kw, another is like 50kw. Maybe go after those with an 8 bay or something. I won't be able to check reception again until next week but hopefully it stays.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w