Threaded View

1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now we are hearing about some FTA receivers being able to decode 4.2.2 / MPEG4. TEK2000 Falsely advertises a receiver to receive 4.2.2 / MPEG4 .
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    This is a scam! The Zgemma H7 does not have 4.2.2 / MPEG4 capability at present.

Some new receivers have chipsets that can open or decode 4.2.2 / MPEG4. Most likely, a license fee for each receiver will need to be paid by the manufacturer, and I doubt that happens. You cannot activate 4.2.2 / MPEG4 on a handful or a select few FTA receivers of a certain make and model. It would have to be all or none because once the drivers are released, they could be installed in any of the receivers of the same make and model. OpenPLI and other image groups cannot change or alter the drivers needed to open 4.2.2 / MPEG4. Only the manufacturer can do this.

This reminds me of Sadoun advertising his Sathawk back in 2010 as "No 4:2:2 Out Of The Box".

Certain salespeople and a few others will continue to talk about 4:2:2 and now 4.2.2 / MPEG4 as being available in the new FTA receivers. Do not buy a receiver based on trash talk from salespeople or from others that do not know! Either the receiver has this feature or it does not have this feature. Do Not buy into the idea that the 4.2.2 / MPEG4 feature will be added later because it will probably not happen.

Only buy FTA receivers for the features it has today. Do Not buy FTA receivers for features that may be available or have next week, next month, or next firmware release.

There may be some illegal hacks or other ways to open 4.2.2 / MPEG4 on receivers in the future. I wonder what the salespeople would have to say about that? They are against pirating and theft, right?

Any changes or updates that allows the reception of 4:2:2, 4.2.2 / MPEG4 natively in a FTA receiver will be acknowledged in this thread.
    Last edited by el bandido; 09-03-2017 at 11:31 AM.