Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by skink View Post
    Well I ordered one and hope it is as good as advertised.There is too much "junk" out there with little quality engineered in them.Let you know when I receive it.
    I think you will enjoy it. Don't know how much experience you have with enigma operating system, but will be glad to assist if you need it.

Most of the closed source receivers are not supported in any great way. A couple of upgrades are issued which may or may not fix things, and that is it. Support for any enigma2 receiver is usually measured in years as compared to a few months for a closed source receiver. Do not know why the North American fta dealers do not realize this. Maybe they would rather have the slow death that is happening to them now?

2. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB for the clarification. I been into enigma2 for a couple of years now, thanks to this site sort of learned my way around. The same files, lamdb, settings and satellites are saved and used with open.atv or openvix. Myself I can't see going back to the closed source receiver they are all the same but in different packages.
    Octagon SF4008, Vu+ Solo2, Titanium ASC1, Perfect 10 C/KU mesh 10 foot dish,Chaparral corotor II, 24 inch Von Wiese actuator, old AZBox premium HD Plus, TBS5925.

4. Likes el bandido liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for offer of help el bandido.This will be my first enigma based receiver and all the help will be appreciated.I was notified that it is on it's way.

6. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would be a good idea to understand how to use telnet and to be able to transfer files using FileZilla.
    Being able to do these two things is not mandatory, but it makes enigma2 easier.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Thanks DaveLH, jdelanos73 thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    Hi guy's!

If you want to hold off for a bit I'll probably be getting these direct from Octagon and add them to the Legit-Shop once we clarify the tuner APSK question.
    Once we know we will post here and if good make an SF-4008 section and go from there.
    Hello Vip
    Any news on the APSK yet, please let us know.
    Regards.
    Chewie

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly hope the apsk issue is resolved. It wouldn't be logical at this point in time to release a new receiver that is apsk challenged.

Here's a terrible google translation from a user that appears to be extremely satisfied with the sensitivity of the tuner.

Originally Posted by Aranycsapat

"Then, yesterday, I finally have the decoder in his hands.
    I've never been a fan of E2 receivers, I linux receivers, ALI, Spark, Spark2-Android (which for me would be the best system ever if he believed us some big more and more AMIKO and a few others). Having said that, hats off to Mr. Octagon SF4008, right now for me the top.
    One reason of all, definitely has been mentioned, but it is right to reiterate: the quality of the tuner receivers S2X of this is really the absolute top; an unprecedented sensitivity before, not only because it engages with frequencies SR really ridiculous, but also because it engages frequencies that I have never been able to hook.
    I have a toroid centered on the 13 East, and finding the far south-west of Sardinia of course I of the satellites that from me are going great compared to other areas (give an example on all Nilesat), whereas others are certainly not the maximum ( Astra 28 jump immediately to mind).
    On Astra 28 with any decoder'd tried certain frequencies it had always been almost impossible, but with this Octagon beaked all; I do not mean beam UK, and with a toroidal centered at 13 are a dream at my latitude (and beyond) but of all visible frequencies of all other Beam, something never seen.
    The reception then multistream is certainly a treat not just (perfect 5 on the west full of Italian and French reception; I have not tried the others sat I get even if there is not much).
    As for the terrestrial tuner here I had never seen a tuner so sensitive, I get the unseen frequencies before and I have a very stable signal at frequencies where I come from are really ostiche, because I can receive them only from a deck that is in crow flies about 100 km from my home country, because in the bridge closest to me are not present.
    Moreover, there is little to say, the receiver does all he has to do, clear interface and Pulia (OPENATV 6), real fast at startup, fast channel change among channels on different satellites.
    There is one thing I find strange and I wonder if others have experienced the same "anomaly."
    I speak of the SNR values measured by the tuner S2X, the series on Hotbird me SNR around 50/55, which is really low, also because I have with any other receiver valiori around 90/95. Obviously the channels you see very well without any hesitation, and to emphasize the strangeness, I have certain channels on satellites with SNR 23/30 you can see very well; as if the scale riportasse a value of about 40 points lower real.
    Has anyone encountered this problem? E 'due to little mature drivers of this receiver? Is there some setting that maybe I need to enable? Not being E2 expert I ask you to help me out and make me a better understanding of this oddity, which in itself is just again an oddity in the reported value, certainly not in the video quality is very high."

11. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like there is a brick wall here for 16/32 APSK. Most likely, someone will have to get the receiver and test it. That will be the only way we really know.

13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, hopefully Skink will post a review when he receives his unit.

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Octagon has not contacted OpenPLi for support of the SF-4008. This is not good because OpenPLi develops things. PLi members along with others developed atsc for us. I hope Octagon changes their mind about PLi support!

Another thing I do not like is adding the third DVB-S2 tuner. Octagon does not have a single DV-S2 tuner, so you are forced to buy a double tuner and have only one port of it work. This is sloppy imo.

15. Thanks ViP3R, eastof111 thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Octagon do not seem to be very easy to get along with, they told me they cannot test the hardware and it needs to be tested, but will not send a sample for us to test.
    I'm not willing to be the guinea pig on this. So I don't see me added them here for sale at this time.

It's the same old thing here, they don't seem to have any interest in North America. I really hope it turns out to be a good box though.

click click b00m

17. Thanks el bandido, mengram, eastof111 thanked for this post
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast