1. Collapse Details
    Satdreamgr and mkv
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I watched a mkv file on Satdreamgr a few days ago, file #1 of a series of 6 (approx 60 minutes long) and it played fine. I updated to latest Satdreamgr and attempted to watch # 2 or any of the 6 mkv files, but they would not play correctly (audio ok but video is black).

Multibooted to ATV 6.0 with out updating to the latest and same results, it did not play video, but audio ok.

Multibooted to ATV 5.3 with same results.

Tried all six files on my pc again, and they played fine as they did three weeks ago.

Strange that the first file would play correctly and then all subsequent files in the series would crap out. Wonder if hdmi encryption is the culprit.

Will test again in a few days.

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you upload the mkv file? Megaupload or similar.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could be because of the MKV's are x265 HEVC encoded plus HDCP.

5. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Posted to the Satdreamgr site...

Mkv files

I can play mkv h.264/avc files without any problems on the Duo2. I tried playing some mkv h.265/hevc files without any success. I only get the audio portion. Tried switching over to the RGB component input instead of hdmi and had the same results. Either version plays fine on my PC.

Is this a limitation with the receiver or the image?

Thanks

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Limitation of the receiver. The Duo2 is not capable of h.265/hevc video. Newer receivers will have this capability IMO, wait a few months before upgrading the fta receiver unless you are going to buy something cheap like the Zgemma or OS Mini.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No hurry, will wait for whatever receiver comes out with some worthwhile bells and whistles in the next few months. Since mkv files are smaller than mpg2/4/avi, but still have great video quality, makes sense to use that format if downloading via internet.

Just read that the A3 has 2160p resolution available in the Euro vs. the old NA version. So, if time permits, will most likely convert to the Euro version and test.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Video Resolution: 720*480p/i, 720*576p/i, 1280*720p, 1920*1080i/p

I think you will find 1080p is all the Amiko A3 is capable of. No benefit for the manufacturer to have a 2160p device and only advertise 1080p.

As for the 2160p setting, that is easy to add and probably applies to a different receiver. You can add firmware or image settings all day long, but they are useless if the hardware does not support them.

Within 3 months, a receiver that we would want should be available.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the spec sheet, saved me time from doing the Euro conversion. The spec sheet says "Demodulation: QPSK, 8PSK" and yet, back in October I tested the 97w feed and it did demod 16psk. Weird.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most FTA specs are full of errors and lies.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last night I played some more with H265/hevc vs. H264/avc vs. avi files. I converted the original 1280x720 H265/hevc file of 307,151 kb to 1280x720 H264/avc file and the size increased to 902,594 kb. Converted to avi format and size increased to
    1,751,218 kb. Did the same with mpg and the file size was bigger than the avi version.

I can see why H265/hevc is needed with the new 4k receivers when recording 4k content.

13. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post