1. Collapse Details
    ICECRYPT S3750CHD: Read Before You Buy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I was told about the ICECRYPT S3750CHD being sold at Rick's Satellite but did not believe it. Selling a Spark 7162 for $199.00 reminds me of going to a cemetery and digging up a corpse. This receiver is no longer supported the way it used to be, so I will give a brief history about it..

Spark 7162 receivers were widely introduced around the early part of 2012. These receivers were sold under several different names and several different tuner configurations, A Spark 7162 receiver was sold here under the Golden Media Triplex and Golden Media One names. Another Spark 7162 receiver was sold at Fridge FTA under the Amiko Alien2 name. The kernel for these receivers is from December 2009.

Originally the Spark operating system was fairly well supported by the Chinese. Online updates were available which made the receiver easy to upgrade. Spark files were made available for those who were unable to update online. All of this support stopped some time ago, and a lot of plugins and other things that used to work do not work now. The Spark website for help has closed.

Spark 7162 receivers only handle about 64 satellites. The settings for most of these 64 satellites are hard to change except for the satellite name. Diseqc 1.2 positions and orbit locations for satellites can be changed but this needs to be done with care. Making detailed satellite changes will not be easy for the average user.

Spark 7162 blindscan is fast but not very accurate. The blindscan will miss some transponders and at at times will fail to properly scan some of the transponders it finds The Spark 7162 blindscan technology is several years old. Blindscan is not available at all in enigma2 for this receiver. (I would bow to and applaud the person or group who can add it.)

The ICECRYPT S3750CHD and other Spark 7162 receivers are dual boot capable. You have the option to run the Spark operating system or a stripped version of enigma2. The chip architect for the Spark 7162 is SH4 and does not fully support enigma2. The Enigma2 operating system runs slow on SH4 receivers and may at times freeze. Enigma2 plugins and enigma2 images are limited for this receiver. External Tuners Are Not Supported. Anybody that runs enigma2 on a receiver such as the ICECRYPT S3750CHD will not have all the benefits or get to experience what a modern, fully supported enigma2 receiver offers.

Spark supports hacking of Powervu. The later versions of Spark may contain keys or key files for hacking Powervu. These items are automatically downloaded during the upgrade and are there whether you use them or not. We do not support Piracy at this site, and I cannot really understand why the ICECRYPT S3750CHD is being sold now at such a high price unless it is to profit from this illegal service. Google search for more information about this.

To give due credit, I would say it is possible that the Spark 7162 operating system could be updated in a limited way. But a quick search will show there is very little ongoing Spark support except for pirating, plus some of the plugins no longer work. Spark 7162 receivers can do 16apsk. Not very many receivers could do that in 2012. Again, enigma2 can be ran in this receiver but the frustration level may be high. A Golden Media TripleX which is almost identical to the ICECRYPT S3750CHD can be purchased today and shipped to the United States for under $100.00 today. I cannot understand why the ICECRYPT S3750CHD is being sold for double this price.

I wish Rick and anyone else that buys one of these things for $199.00 the best of luck. While the ICECRYPT S3750CHD is a decent receiver, it is old technology with limited support. We have some old files that work on 7162 receivers. Anyone is welcome to copy or use them as they see fit. EB

2. Thanks rrob311, easily confused, mengram, Costactc, eastof111 thanked for this post
    Likes ViP3R, rodder liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still have my Triplex and while I don't use it often, the channel interface is my favorite out of all the receivers I have used. I've only used it with the Spark interface. 100$ is a great deal imo today.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

4. Thanks el bandido, easily confused, ViP3R, mengram, eastof111 thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are not bad receivers. But they are a half a decade in age.
    Again, the portal may be opened back up if someone wants to spend the time and effort to do so. I really doubt you see much effort put into these receivers because their technology is old. Here are some TripleX screenshots, a Temporary file link to a video showing the TripleX blindscanning 97 West, and showing the dead Portal. The Icecrypt 3750 will be almost identical to the TripleX.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by el bandido; 12-26-2016 at 12:05 AM.

6. Thanks eastof111, ViP3R, rodder, mengram thanked for this post
    Likes mengram liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I'd seen this before I bought the Icecrypt in 2017.

If you examine the files on the Icecrypt S3750CHD, you'll find lots of evidence of GPL software, yet you can't get the source.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The operating system is a Chinese design. This is not the only fta receiver to openly violate the GPL either, but when you bring this tidbit of information to Rick Caylor's attention, he deletes your post. It looks like Rick could care less what he sells. He seems interested only in how much money he can make.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was banned for pointing out there's no such thing as a "special" Linux kernel that's outside the GPL.

10. Likes el bandido liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably the best thing we can do is buy our fta products directly from Europe or from sites like AliExpress. It is a bit more risky for us to do that, but how are we supposed to do business with vendors that offer us outdated products without any real support?
    At least when we buy directly from Europe, we get the latest equipment at a decent price. AliExpress has lnbs and other products that are priced much lower than any U.S. vendor. These purchase options makes the U.S. vendor pretty much useless unless you want to donate to their backyard swimming pool or other expensive toy.

12. Likes eastof111 liked this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've duped again! Wish I had been on this forum earlier. thanks for info

14. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone should ask if the Icecrypt S3750CHD is UL certified since that seems to be important.

I am not sure of what other models they have had since then besides the V8 models which when I checked them, they were not licensed for doing Dolby, USB, HDMI and were not UL Listed. One reason why they are sold for so cheap.
    I wonder who he checked with about these licenses because Dolby, USB, and HDMI are embedded in the chip? Ask and you probably will not get an answer. Best to stick with the good points about what you are selling instead of trying to throw mud on other products that cost less money.