Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    OpenVix and ATSC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Had a chance to load openvix-4.2.013.release-vuduo2_usb in to flash last night. Installed the needed atsc file. Installed the default Hauppauge driver which did not work. Then tried the 950 and 955 drivers, again with no recognition of the usb tuner.

I also tried the opkg install routine, but received "unknown package and cannot install errors". So, it's a no go for me with Hauppauge and openvix currently.

While installed, thought I would try their blindscan and they still haven't updated their ku scan capability. Tried installing Blindscan_EB and got the "getboxtype error".

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, The 950-955 drivers will not help because they are for different devices.

Your 850 is a different version than mine, and there were problems with it being first recognized that were fixed by Athoik at SatDreamGr.

Usually it does no good to try and load driver support files using opkg unless it is from the same image group. OpenVix is OE Aliance, and will probably not have the exact same things in feeds, especially if they do not know the items are needed!

Ask at SatDreamGr if there is a file that you can load to make the 850 you have work. Explain that the PLi 850 driver works and the Vix (OE Aliance) does not.

The blindscan problem with Vix does not seem to be IN the plugin or have anything to do with the blindscan plugin. This is a different issue than before. Give it time and it should be fixed.
    Last edited by el bandido; 11-12-2016 at 11:57 AM.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went back to Satdreamgr in flash since it's working pretty good with atsc and blindscan. I will mention on their site about the Hauppauge driver not working and having to use the enigma restart to get the usb tuner to initialize. As far as VIX, hopefully they will catch up eventually.

6. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see VIX being behind and needing to catch up as much as being over-worked. There is just a tremendous amount of changes being made which causes some things to not work that worked before. I am very glad to see all of these improvements VIX and others are making!

Now is the time to get anything you need fixed for ATSC. If you have a driver problem or another issue, then tell them about it and be prepared to give the detailed information they need to fix it. You could even modify the atsc.xml file and put the transponders you use in it as a city listing like I did for Atlanta. They probably will be busy with other things in the future, which would mean less time to fix or improve atsc.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I posted on the Satdreamgr site and athoik responded right away. Hope to see a solution soon.

In regards to VIX and ATV, they do support many, many receivers and I am sure that's one of the reasons they are behind.

9. Likes el bandido liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most likely, provide what is asked and you will have a solution very soon. Then the solution will be put where other groups can get it!

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blindscan with OpenVix works IF no Hauppauge ATSC devices are connected. Unplug the usb device(s) Blindscan, then reconnect usb device(s) works for me.

I also noticed uninstalling the Hauppauge driver using the plugins menu did not actually uninstall them: They still worked and were recognized after the uninstall. Looks like the only way to test driver issues for Sundtek or other will be to load a fresh image. Doing an uninstall or deleting files may not get all of it.

Extended EPG now working in latest VIX(15) build. Seems they have all the updates installed now.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The last Vix I flashed was 013, will give 015 a try this weekend.

13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flashed Vix 016 and the Hauppauge driver recognized the usb tuner, but only after doing an engima restart (Vix = restart gui).

Scanned atsc channels without problems, but when changing atsc channels, the receiver crashes.

Guess I'll wait for a few new builds before I try again.

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you install any Sundtek or other usb devices with this image? Would like to see the crash file if it is still available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast