Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Satdreamgr and ATSC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I had some time to experiment and load the latest Satdreamgr in flash to check out the atsc epg. I removed the Sundtek usb tuner and deleted the .sh file, but left the control center alone. Then I tried individually, the three Hauppauge driver versions but the image would not recognize the wintv 850 usb tuner.

The only way to get it recognized was to do the opkg install routine. Once recognized, it scanned all the stations and has an epg assigned to some 30% of channels. Some problems still exists for me. Still have to keep using engima restart from the menu in order to activate the usb tuner. Also, when receiver is shut down over night, it needs two or more cold boots to activate the receiver. Then it needs engima restart from the menu to activate the usb tuner.

I'll probably post on the Satdreamgr site too.

2. Thanks ViP3R, el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will test the Duo2 later today. Been working with other receivers and not had it on for a while.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try loading the latest from OpenPLi and see if you have the same issues. Download the driver from downloadable plugins for your Hauppauge device. Ignore the 950 and 955 drivers. No need to use telnet.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Played some more earlier with ATV since it had the same drivers available. Loaded the main driver, not 950 or 955 and it recognized the usb tuner. But, when I went to the tuner config menu, it displayed as enabled, but it would not allow me to select the atsc settings menu for the tuner.

I'll give PLI a shot tomorrow and post the results.

7. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What you are seeing in OpenATV is the tuner being recognized and nothing else. In other words, enigma2 "sees" the tuner but does not know what it is or what it is supposed to do. They will probably finish it one day. All the needed information is available.
    ATSC works in OpenVix.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will give VIX a try too.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like VIX is the first OE Aliance based image with ATSC support! You will need to manually add the atsc.xml file to etc/tuxbox for a complete manual scan. This file is missing from the current 4.2.012 build.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

11. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice. Haven't had chance to try it yet, hopefully tomorrow.

13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OpenPLi and SatDreamGr EPG populates out 24 hours for me on some muxes. The channel has to be watched for several minutes to have the guide populate this far. Currently OpenVix only has now/next EPG.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am still on Satdreamgr and haven't had a chance to try Vix or Pli. Had to change all my timers (10) for recording due to the time change. Forgot all about it and missed some recordings. The epg now shows standard time, but the actual info for the channel is one hour off. We use MST all year in my area.

Would be nice to have a check, uncheck box in the timers and/or epg menus to compensate for the Spring and Autumn changes in applicable time zones. Not complaining, just suggesting. I am grateful the timers work as well as they do now.

15. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast