Thread: Openmultiboot

1. Collapse Details
    Openmultiboot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I've always used openmultiboot with images and kernels stored on a usb stick for bootups. For the last few months I've used Satdreamgr in flash and it always recognized the usb stick for quick image reboots.

After the latest version of Satdreamgr, the openmultiboot usb stick is not recognized anymore and has to be removed in order for the receiver to boot up. Tried restoring various back dated versions of backups to the usb stick, just in case it was damaged, but nothing changed. I did the same with two new usb sticks of same size. Also, uninstalled openmultiboot from Satdreamgr in flash, then reinstalled it after a hard boot. But, it would only allow me to install to the hard drive. There used to be an option to use hard drive or usb stick.

I don't mind having openmultiboot on the hard drive, but a couple of years ago, after an image update in flash, the hard drive was locked out and I lost many recordings. For that reason I chose to always use a usb stick for openmultiboot.

I guess I'll post this on the Satdreamgr site too.

2. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    After some experimenting, I got the use of my old openmultiboot usb stick, with Satdreamgr in flash.

1-Installed openmultiboot to internal HD and rebooted
    2-Installed openatv to openmultiboot on HD. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    3-Rebooted to openatv and restored settings.
    4-Inserted old openmultiboot usb stick and displayed "no usable files found on this disk" error message.
    5-Selected flash reboot from openmultiboot menu.
    6-Error message "missing openmultiboot module, would you like to install?'. Yes.
    7-Cold rebooted receiver and menu appears from usb stick again when selecting the openmultiboot menu from the plugins section of Satdreamgr in flash.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    8-Still have to remove the openatv image on the hd which now will not display from the menu.
    9-Used Filezilla to delete all openmultiboot folders from HD.

At this point I don't know if it was an image or openmultiboot problem that caused the usb stick to be locked and unusable. Just glad it happened to the usb stick and not the hard drive.

4. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post