I have looked all around my area for any discarded or unwanted 8' foot dish with no results or luck. I have a five years old 6' dish ($70.00 or so special dish, as it was called). This dish had served me well so far, but right now the only thing that is holding it together is mostly rust. There are a few panels that are not in too bad of a shape. I am thinking on disassembling the dish and using some of the fairly good panels to make a sort of a template out of thin galvanized steel and would like to extend or enlarge the new panels to 8' foot size and dimension.

Is there any suggestions or ideas of how to accomplish doing this?. I know that this is not going to be an easy project, but is it possible to do?. Some of the ideas are to make the panels edges an inch wider and to overlap the edges plus adding an extra foot at the front end to make the panels a total of 4' long or 8' overall size of the dish. The major problem would be to maintain the curvature and parabolic shape of the dish. Another problem would be to determine of where to place the three legs supporting the LNB holder, or how high to locate the the LNB on the dish in reference to the panels and to the new shape and form of the dish.

This is just an idea that I have been thinking about since there is/are not an available 8' dish(es) around here to be found.

Thank You for any input or suggestions.