Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats great you are able to use parts from the DSR to modify those. I have a stack of those receivers along with some other analog units.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well shoot!! My DiSEqC switch inside the box failed. I've never had a DiSEqC switch fail in all my years of using them. I fried a multi-switch once with total abuse, but never had a DiSEqC failure. So I got into my rebuild ideas sooner than expected. Rotating the main boards was the primary target. But I needed to optimize my space inside the box. Reducing the footprint of the power supply would be a way to do it. The PS Bandito suggested was indeed smaller than what I was using but actually had a larger footprint. Since they had a low profile I thought to stack them but they didn't offer a 18V ~ 22V option for the logic circuits. I had some time ago found a split-bobbin 18V transformer I intended to use and decide to go with it. The inside of the case is 8" X 8" and the mounting plate is somewhat smaller. So I got a new mounting plate and cut it larger than the original. ( 7-3/4" X 6-3/4") With the reduced size of the split-bobbin transformer it all fit together nicely.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567