Disclaimer: You own it and if you break it, you still own it, only it's broken!

I have been poking around in the config files for the DB Editor 2.2. If you go to the "conf" folder you will find a file called "freesat_v7_config.xml". There is a file by the same name in the same folder as dbeditor.exe but that is NOT it. It is the one in the "conf" folder that causes the changes within the editor. If you are editing V8 Super files you will find a the file called "V8_SuperGolden_config.xml", also in the "conf" folder.

In that file is a line like below. If you change open="false" to open="true" it will show the longtitude in an editable box when you right click a sat and select edit (Yes, "longtitude" that is how it is spelled in the file). I think that is the USALS motor setting someone posted about and said it sure would be nice if it allowed you to set it. I know very little about USALS, I figure I'll learn about it when I get one.

Anyway, all of mine say 360 but that may be because the element name is misspelled or it could be because I don't use a USALS motor. It does say "default=0" so I would think all of mine would be 0. I think "longtitude" is like a variable in a program and it doesn't matter how it is spelled, it'll still work. It could just as well be named "whereisitat".

But it could be spelled right and hard coded in the FW and it might have to be spelled right in the conf file for it to work properly. Anyway, misspelled is never good and I don't know how you USALS guys are making out here and if it's all working good. If you're using USALS or have one to test it with please report how it works for you.

<elem name="longtitude" offset="0" size="16" open="false" default="0" type="Integer" min="0" max="360" step="1"/>

There is also this.

<elem name="motor_type" offset="0" size="2" open="false" default="0" type="Combobox">
<opt value="0" name="none" />
<opt value="1" name="diseqc 1.2" />
<opt value="2" name="diseqc 1.3" />

I changed it to "open=true" and I can set the diseqc motor type. Mine all said "diseqc 1.2" and that is what I am using with my Gbox.

And there is this positioner type block of code.

<elem name="positioner_type" offset="0" size="2" open="false" default="0" type="Combobox">
<opt value="0" name="no_positioner" />
<opt value="1" name="13v" />
<opt value="2" name="18v" />

There is a lot more options in the file. There is "nit_pid", "nim_type", "pat_version", "sat_id" and "nim_modulate" under the "tuner" section. Someone at the Freesat forum also edited the file and added an LCN (Logical Channel Number) option. Edit: This guy totally screwed up. He saved what looks like the V7 file as a V8 file when he did the LCN edit. I can tell because his Favorites ends at Fav15 and the V8 XML config file Favorites goes to Fav31. He also did it under the T2 section so it probably doesn't change the LCN option for the S2 tuner. If you see his post do NOT use his modified editor!

It can be added to the V8 file but I lost my notes and I restored my testing files to original because I changed a lot of stuff. I'll see if I can find them and figure out where the LCN option goes. What we have to worry about the the length of the string. It may not be the same as the T2 tuner and you'd throw the bin file length out of spec which could be dangerous.

Some of you more technical guys who use PCI cards etc might know what some of those switchable options are and if they're useful. There is Video Type and Audio Type and things like "fec_inner". I know FEC is Forward Error Correction but I don't know what "inner" means. Maybe there is an option in there that we can turn on to make it process audio differently too (for the V7 audio skipping on Laff & Grit).

It's mostly switch and LNB and polarity type stuff but then there is the motor settings. I thought someone who mentioned it would be interested in knowing this. You can turn it on where you can enter numbers for "longtitude". I myself like the Motor Type!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]