1. Collapse Details
    Freesat V8 Super & V7 HD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello everyone. I haven't been around in a while so I thought I'd drop in and say hi and share a little info but I see you guys are on top of it.

I ordered a V7 HD and like it so much I ordered a Super. The Super has a SCART connector and a loop out instead of a useless T2 tuner connector. You can get composite or component out with a $2 SCART adapter. I used to use composite out to go to the bedroom from my S9 but want to change to the V7 so I can watch different channels and have HDMI for better image quality.

I'll let ya know anything you want when I receive it. I should receive it in about 8-10 days now as I ordered it 4 days ago and they got it right out the door in a hurry. I do know you can't use a V7 sat list in a V8, or at least that's how it looks because the channel editor ask which version when loading the db file.

I do have a question. The channel editor is very basic. I remember the ALI editor had import/export and a few other things that would let you import transponders into a file. Not so with this one. They're supposed to be releasing an updated version soon and the site is down right now so maybe they're doing something as I type.

My question is this. Do you know of another Montage based receiver which has a better, possibly compatible editor? I've only seen one other Montage based receiver and it's posted here at this site. Those screens look very much like my V7 screens, layout wise.

Also, I do have a decent sat list that I personally built. It isn't complete yet but it does have many of the good channels scanned in. You're welcome to it if you'd like to have it. You'll have plenty to watch while you work on completing it. I'll also upload it when I'm done with it which will be all English channels.

Here's a tip. When you are building your sat list in the receiver and try to put the sats in order with the editor it will not keep the order when you load it in the V7 if you use Move Up/Move Down in the editor to move your sats.

In the editor you right click on a sat to move it. Don't use "Move Up" or "Move Down". Use "Move To"!

If you right click on SES1 and select "Move To" and then select Galaxy 17 it'll move SES1 above Galaxy 17. When you save it and load it into the receiver they are in the order you put them in with the editor. I did it with the user DB file, not the whole FW etc but I'd think it'll work with the complete file too.

I'll be back tomorrow.

2. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R, eastof111, Costactc, mengram, cpr43 thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I see I posted this in the files section and and someone had to move it! Duh! Too many tabs and not enough sleep. I was up for days with my 10 year old black lab, lost her on 8-6. So anyway, my motor stripped the acme nut while setting it up so my channel list is sort of incomplete. I used the editor to put in the sats and one TP. Then I located the sats and stored them. While I was going back to scan, the motor went. The dish is clamped down at 101w and I have a brand new Von Weise on the way, should be here Tuesday or Wednesday if they ship it today.

So, no more than I got to use it I found it to be a great receiver, so much so I ordered another one. People were saying the V7 got Decades etc and was nice and cheap so I bought one. Now I wish I hadn't, two V8 Supers is the way to go. I'm using loop out to go to the V7 in the bedroom and I'm using a SCART adapter to send video through an RF modulator to the kitchen so the wife can keep up with her shows while she's cooking.

I intended to share my list here, couldn't seem to find one anywhere so I built one from scratch. I can't wait for the motor so I can try this thing out right. My lighter duty motor quit too so I dug out this heavier duty Von Weise I've had stashed since 1991 or so. I guess the nut was about gone so I just bought a new one. Yep, tired of working on it, I wanna watch it. Actually, I wanna play with it a whole lot!

Seriously, it's been one of those years. My shoulder screwed up, so I started out in January with shoulder surgery, then dish actuator, the car, the riding mower, the Jeep and now the actuator again. If I paid someone to fix things or just bought a new one every time I couldn't afford toys!

4. Thanks ViP3R, easily confused thanked for this post