Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Anybody have a bluetooth keyboard?
    The OS Mini is advertised to be bluetooth capable, but I know speakers are excluded. There is a bluetooth plugin available in most OE Alliance images such as OpenATV and OpenVix. The bluetooth plugin is not available yet in SatDreamGr images.

2. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Anybody have a bluetooth keyboard?
    The OS Mini is advertised to be bluetooth capable, but I know speakers are excluded. There is a bluetooth plugin available in most OE Alliance images such as OpenATV and OpenVix. The bluetooth plugin is not available yet in SatDreamGr images.
    Sorry no bluetooth keyboard here just wireless and bluetooth speakers. would be nice if they could add speakers.

click click b00m

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am very happy with the Montage 6000 tuner. The snr values of the 6000 are about equal to the TBS5925 using EBSPro. The TBS5925 is about 1db less than the Montage 6000 when the TBS5925 is used as an external usb tuner on the OS Mini. The Sundtek Sky ultimate V DVB-S2 usb tuner performs a tad bit better than the TBS5925, but the Sundtek tuner is also behind the Montage 6000 tuner. All of these comparisons were made using the 16APSK mux at 97W. I would think the internal tuner may have a slight advantage due to it being internal, instead of having the extra loss in lines of an external tuner.,

I have been using the OS mini to set my new 3.6 meter dish. e Montage 6000 blindscans decent, but will miss transponders below about 1600SR. The Montage tuner can receive manually entered transponders down to about 1,000SR. Blindscan speeds for satellite scans vary. Most blindscans take 5-10 minutes, but some may take quite a bit longer than that. Enigma2 has always been slow to scan the found transponders. The blindscan for the transponders is pretty quick. The scan for channels is what eats up the time.

Attached are a couple of screenshots taken from the signal finder plugin. I think the signal level is very good, considering a cheap consumer lnbf is being used.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5. Thanks eastof111, rodder, ViP3R thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OpenPLi and SatDreamGR will be adding channel names to their images. This is a big improvement over channel frequencies. ATSC transponder time is also available and is accurate on the frequencies I have tested.

These screenshots were made using the Hauppauge 850 ATSC USB Tuner.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Thanks rodder, ViP3R thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice improvement... would be nice if they could figure out an epg too. Any idea if Satdreamgr will be able to update the flash via the internet similar to the Betacentauri updater in BH? I found SDG Vu+ ImageDownloader plugin, but it won't update the flash plus restore settings.

9. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have always been able to update the flash in SatDreamGR via the Internet. Use::Menu--->Setup--->Software Management--->Software update. Always a good idea to backup the image or at least the settings before updating.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

11. Thanks rodder, ViP3R thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I missed that one.... will give it a shot tomorrow.

13. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rodder View Post
    What about the Edision Optimuss OS 2 do you know anything about it looks nice.

This is what i could find

It's another O.E.M of the popular Technomate Enigma 2 receiver line sold in the U.K. The Optimus is mostly intended for the German and continental European market. All of the Edison Optimus OS line are O.E.M's.

15. Thanks el bandido, rodder thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Looks nice...OK I do not know anything about that model, but think about these things.
    Where is the image support?
    What is the kernel version?
    Where is the blindscan?
    Looks like the .pdf that you give does not have the same information as the resellers on Ebay do. Sorry, but nothing I see about that receiver makes me want to buy it.
    I can't remember exactly which Technomate this is a O.E.M of but it will run the same image. You just need to rename the initial folder. So any E2 image for their Technomate counterpart will work on the Edison OS version. Including ViX who did build but withheld images for the Edison Optimus OS boxes.
    Last edited by Pale-Rider; 10-31-2016 at 05:49 PM.

17. Thanks el bandido, rodder, ViP3R thanked for this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Improvements to ATSC EPG are being made...

19. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast