Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    That sounds great! Any idea on cost of Mega or how many tuners and what they are capable of? the mini is just about right for now...dual with 16apsk capabilities.

2. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dunno yet, but will post as soon as information is available, maybe sometime in October? Edision seems to be developing the type of receiver we are looking for, and Edision also seems to have genuine concern about our issues with their products.

4. Thanks mountaineer, ViP3R thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
    Got my OS mini over the weekend and hooked up. 2nd tuner does do 16apsk and is the more sensitive of the two. tried several images and went with OPENpli because it was the only one as of now that supported the wintv hvr 850 ATSC. The others recognized it but would not work atsc side only dvb-c side. got it all installed and seems to be working great. Very fast and responsive. Have many recordings scheduled so I will see how it does this week and get back to you. Impressed so far. Thanks for all of the reviews..know I can trust them.
    Depending on how that does I may order a couple more.

Did find one issue with original tuner..seems to have fec conflict and had to set almost all of my dvb s2 to 1/2 or it would not see them. Loaded my same channel list with dreambox edit that I have on my azboxes, raptor, and anaconda's. No issue with 2nd tuner and those same ones. it was across all images. Still have some to do with that one. Will keep informed.
    Just an FYI that the SatdreamGR image does support the Wintv hvr 850 ATSC.
    Attached Images Attached Images

click click b00m

6. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    True
    SatDreamGR was the first image to have ATSC support
    SatDreamGR is based on OpenPLi so they will be similar.
    SatDreamGR posts experimental images to the public, and are pretty much open to any reasonable comment or suggestion on how to make a better image.

8. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could not get it to recognize mine as ATSC. The xc5000 package would not load or be found. When I would try to switch it from cable to atsc it would give no options for the tuner, under cable mode it would. Only the opnepli would work. I tried the satdream image which I really liked, the openspa image, it came with openatv but I idid not check how up to date it was and it froze the box when I attached it. Might be the stick. I'm just glad it works, and I like the box. Also it was here from Great Britain in 5 days. Ordered on a monday and was in WV on saturday.

10. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OE Alliance, which OpenSpa, and OpenATV are based on does not fully support ATSC. In due time, I think they will add it.

Would like to see a U.S seller carry products like the OS Mini. General Support for this receiver and other items such as custom image building are available. Enigma2 image support is counted in years as compared to a closed source box where the support is counted in a few months. FTA EPG is also possible in enigma2.

12. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn't agree more. My azme, raptor, azminime, and anacondas are still supported. Also as long as they build usb tuners and the coders are willing...these boxes should never really expire. Even if 64 and 128 apsk or dvb s3/x come out.
    I also think that the box builders are missing an oppurtunity at money by not allowing for accesories such as removeable/replaceable tuners. If the raptor could have a factory 16apsk tuner dropped in it then it would be up to date as an example. Must not make business sense. the jynxbox tuners could be used I believe...ATSC and DVB S2 with with 16apsk ability.
    Just thoughts.

14. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes Sublime liked this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Raptor could have been one of the greatest FTA boxes of all time, but the Closed Source support was not there. The Raptor was lacking in enigma2 because of the processor speed and the SH4 architecture. External usb tuners are not supported in SH4, although Sundtek did manage to make a test custom SH4 image that supported it.

IMO, the Linux Kernel build is very important, and will dictate to a degree what support will be available and for how long. Edision likes to use recent kernel builds which helps extend support. Edision was also the first enigma2 receiver (that I know of) to have an internal 16APSK tuner available.

16. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will the KodiDirect.v2.0 work on the Edison
    Edision OS Mini Running a wsi 39" ku dish and 10 Foot C-Band

18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you know where I can find that test sundtek E2 image and what boxes it was for? Thanks!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast