1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by rodder View Post
    Will the Edision OS Mini do 16APSK
    The answer is Yes and No, so let me explain.

A single tuner OS Mini has a Broadcom BCM73XX Tuner in it. This tuner is not capable of 16 APSK, AND This tuner currently will not blindscan the lower symbol rates such as the LPB Feeds channel on 87W at 11804H, 1250SR. There seems to be some blindscan issues with skinny transponders and this particular tuner so the the lower blindscan for symbol rate is locked out below 2000 symbol rate. (The manual or transponder scan is not locked out.)

Look in the link and you will find a Dual DVB-S2 OS Mini.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Dual DVB-S2 OS Mini shown in the link has the original Broadcom BCM73XX tuner, Plus a Montage FTS-260 tuner. The FTS-260 tuner supports at least 16APSK. It also does not have the low blindscan symbol rate issues like the Broadcom BCM73XX tuner does on blindscan of skinny transponders, so the lower symbol rates are not blocked for the FTS-260 tuner.

Who else has a stock tuner that does 16APSK and uses enigma2 operating system? Edision is the first I know of to offer this, even if it is only one tuner in a dual tuner receiver. I am real tempted at this point to purchase the dual tuner receiver in the above link and test it. Be aware that other OS Mini two tuner receivers are available, except that the second tuner is DVB-T which is useless for us.

2. Thanks rodder, mountaineer, ViP3R, mengram thanked for this post
    Likes easily confused liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a couple of blindscan tests of the Vu+ Duo2 and the Edision OS Mini. The Duo2 is finding more channels, but the OS Mini completes the job much faster.

Duo2:

OS Mini:

4. Thanks rodder, ViP3R, mengram, easily confused, mountaineer thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! Quite a speed increase. Though, for the die hard dx'er, a usb or pci tuner is still the way to go hunting.

If all the plugins work without problems, it would seem to be a good entry engima 2 receiver to play and experiment.

6. Thanks ViP3R, mengram, mountaineer thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to check the dual DVB-S2 OS Mini. The tuner that does 16APSK is supposed to be a better blindscan tuner.

I do not see any issues with the plugins. Every plugin I have tried works as expected.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Guys
    Long time no see you, hope all of you are doing just fine, nice receiver EB and the price looks very good, I am waiting for to VU 4K to go down on price it will match my TV.
    Do you guys know which satellite has the 16APSK Channels, someone here mentioned the 97 W, I try to scan with the VU and my Miracle Box and didn't find any.
    Take care, this site still my favorite.
    Regards.
    Chewie

9. Thanks el bandido, eastof111, rodder, mountaineer thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think 97 West, 3980H 30000 Is 16APSK. I cannot get that mux because my dish is too small. USB Tuner TBS 5925 is supported now in the Duo2. This add on tuner will give you 16APSK and more.

Solo 4K Is not a good receiver for us. The FBC tuners do not support blindscan right now, and it is unknown if or when they will. Other 4K receivers with better capability will be on the market before Christmas. It will probably be another year before there is much to watch in 4K on satellite so I am not in a hurry to upgrade.

11. Thanks rodder, easily confused, ViP3R, mountaineer thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB for the info I am in no hurry, hope these new receivers cost a lot less than the VU+.
    Regards.
    Chewie

13. Thanks ViP3R, mountaineer thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the OS Mini for close to a couple of weeks. I noticed that the Terrrestrial USB ATSC tuner was not recognized when I first got it. Now it is fixed as seen in the screenshot below.
    Excellent support from SatDreamGr & Edision!

15. Thanks mountaineer, eastof111, ViP3R thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A setup video that shows the OS Mini being loaded with an image and set up, including a scan for channels can be found in the link.

I have upgraded to the dual tuner version of this receiver. Looking forward to testing the internal 16APSK tuner.
    Edision OS Mini FullHD 1080p Twin E2 Linux Receiver 2 x DVB-S2 USB WLAN
    Estimated delivery: Thu. Aug. 18 - Fri. Sep. 2

Item Id: 252079119282

PAID : $165.81 with PayPal

17. Thanks rodder, eastof111, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes rodder liked this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My OS Mini should arrive tomorrow or Monday..looking forward to expand my E2 knowledge with this..

click click b00m

19. Likes el bandido, eastof111, rodder liked this post
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast