Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Mutant HD51 Hevc 265 Ultra HD 4K
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Another 4k receiver enters the market. The Mutant is similar to the AX receiver brand name. The two name brands are in the 250 Euro price category. Both are supplied with OpenATV, but surely other images will most likely be available. Claimed boot times are 22 to 28 seconds.

Google translated:

The Mutant digital technology E2 Linux HDTV receiver sets new standards, equipped with the most advanced features for its user. In the time of HD television stands of Mutant with high-quality full HD resolutions up to 2160p (4k) Format eye. The fast switching time of Mutant is unique.

Technical specifications google translated:

- Betreibssystem: Linux OS E2
    - CPU: BCM 7251s
    - DMIPS CPU: 10500 DMIPS processor
    - SoC: 28nm
    - Clocking 1500MHz
    . - Max Video Resolution: 2160p (4K Ultra HD)
    - H.265: Yes
    - VP9-4k Youtube: Yes **
    - VP8 Youtube: Yes
    - OpenGL ES: Yes
    - Card Reader: 1
    - Commen Interface (CI slot): 1
    - Changeable Tuner: Yes
    - Tuner: Depending on the configuration (Selectable)
    - Bootloader SPI flat: 8MB
    - Nand Flash: 4096 MB (4GB)
    - DDR Memory: 1GB
    - HDD: 1x Internal 2,5Zoll
    - E-Sata: No
    - USB 2.0: 2 (1xRückseite 1xVorne)
    - USB 3.0: 1 (Rear)
    - Lan: 1000 Mbit Max
    - HDMI Version 2.0.
    - YUV: No
    - Scart: No
    - RCA: Yes
    - S / PDIF: Yes
    - Display: VFD dot-matrix
    - Boot time *: 28 seconds.
    - E2 reboot *: 7 sec.
    - Supply: External 12V
    - Consumption (FSD): 13,1W / 7,1W / 0.5W
    - Dimensions (W x T x H): 300 X 220 X 50 mm

* With newly installed image Openatv. Boot time and E2 reboot to image the sender ZDF HD is visible.
    Plugins and extra features could extend the boot Home / reboot.
    ** Youtube 4k needed yet additional software it will appear at a later date.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would guess not too many plugins were loaded when they did the test for boot time.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. Thanks ViP3R, mengram thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a good, well supported receiver.
    No mention of blindscan. Hard to say at this point if it will have it, but the hardware should handle it .

People need to research and ask questions before buying any new receiver. Some people are already stumbling around the INTERNET trying to figure out what to do with their New Vu+ Solo 4K receiver.

5. Thanks mengram thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it ever does get blind scan it would be worth it for the speed increase. The Euro crowd are falling behind in innovative ideas being offered in new receivers.

Dish is starting to offer the newest Hopper 3 with sixteen tuner capability and many, many desirable features, plus a rc similar to the one from the Amiko A3. Dish is pushing DTV to play catchup in receiver technology. I had the old Hopper for a while and it was pretty impressive with features at that time compared to Euro receivers or DTV.

Would be nice to see Vu+ do their homework and read their emails. Also maybe, Octagon will rise again.

7. Thanks ViP3R, mengram thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Vu+ is selling receivers and is not really concerned with the needs of the customer.

Full Band Capture or FBC tuners are available in fta receivers that can give many tuners providing the correct lnb is used. I do not see FBC tuners being desirable for the average fa setup in North America. This setup would be very similar to the Dish Hopper 3.

Other fta receivers will be on the market before Christmas that have the same or similar chipset as the new Mutant. Some of these new receivers will have blindscan and bluetooth capabilities. The new Mutant may have these capabilities too. Usually the advertised specs are wrong!

9. Thanks easily confused, ViP3R, mengram thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Hd52 due in the fall will have FBC tuner capability and front lcd display similar to the duo2. Chip wise, it will be the same as HD51. Price wise, it will sell in the 400 euro range. Blind scan, unknown.

11. Thanks el bandido, easily confused, ViP3R thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Hd52 sounds like the Vu+ Solo 4K. Looks like FBC tuners are a waste of money for users in North America.

13. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A bit more information on the Mutant HD51:
    The tuner I see listed for this receiver is also listed as being supported in the enigma2 blindscan plugin.
    _supportNimType = { 'AVL1208':'', 'AVL6222':'6222_', 'AVL6211':'6211_', 'BCM7356':'bcm7346_'}
    Just because the plugin supports the tuner does not mean that blindscan is available. The blindscan plugin is really an interface for the blindscan bin file which has to be provided by the manufacturer (Mutant). No blindscan bin file = no blindscan using the internal tuner.

I doubt 16/32APSK is available for this box using the current internal tuner.

You have a Broadcom chip, which automatically means no 4::2:2, but there is some hope that this codec may be possible at some point in the future. The architecture for 4K is ARM, and it may be possible at some point to add the 4:2:2 because of the ARM architect design. "At Some Point In The Future" would probably be expressed in years, and not days or months. So the safe bet is to say no 4:2:2 video capability for this box.

15. Thanks ViP3R, eastof111 thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello EB
    I ask about blind scan on this receiver in the Open ATV forum and here is a reply, Tuner AVL6211 is blindscan ready. For now this function is not implemented. The next question is if it supports external tuner like the TBS5925 .
    Regards.
    Chewie

17. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    From experience, It is best to find a receiver with an internal tuner that will do what you need. AVL6211 is listed in blue in post#8, so the blindscan plugin supports the tuner type. Now the manufacturer will have to do their part to complete the blindscan function.

The HD51 is supported by the critical image makers, but development for ARM plugins and accessories has been slow, which is to be expected. TBS 5925 works with Solo 4K which is ARM, so the HD51 should be able to work with the TBS 5925, but this would not be my main concern.

ARM support in enigma2 is still developing, and several things have issues. This is common in new products. I got the Duo2 when it had first been released but the difference was MIPS support was well established as compared to a not well established ARM processor in the HD51 I fully expect the HD51 to be a great receiver but it will take some time yet before all its features work correctly.

The big question for me is how many channels are actually on 4K, and how many of those would I want to watch? It would be nice to have a DVB-S 4K list posted so I would know what I am missing.

I see other 4K receivers coming out-even Octagon has one now. I expect the 4K receivers to be well established within 6 months to a year, but I just do not see anything right now in 4K that suits my needs.

19. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast