Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Why should it not be that?
    The most noticeable gains (or losses) in any OTA or Terrestrial system will be in the antenna and feed line. OTA tuners will pretty much perform the same, and it may be possible to find a tuner that works a small amount better than most other tuners. But for the most part, tuners should perform about the same if they are correctly designed, and contain decent parts.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree when one lives fairly close to strong signals and without obstructions. When one lives in a fringe area or a compromised location (valley with hills for example) every difference in quality build helps. I've been using the same antenna setup for many years and have had different tv models during that period. Many differed in reception quality on distant stations, whereas the local stations usually did not vary much between models. When I lived in a major suburban area, tuner quality wasn't really a concern.

While living in the boonies, I found tuner quality played a major difference in reception. Example, basically the same antenna setup I am using now, I used in northern California and was able to receive all SFO and San Jose stations from a location 110-130 miles away. The tv (lower quality) in the guest bedroom when hooked up to the same antenna system was not as sensitive and capable of receiving said stations. The main tv in the family room always performed well.

I agree, "tuners should perform about the same if they are correctly designed, and contain decent parts".

Just an observation.

3. Likes el bandido liked this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any terrestrial signal over 80 miles in air distance will be a crap shoot due to the Earth being round. You can take ten identical terrestrial tuners and get different results from them. Tuner A may perform better at 503 MHz than tuner B, but tuner A may not perform as well at 677 MHz as tuner B. So if I tell you one tuner works better than another, you may not get the same results. At any rate, I will see if I can find a noticeable performance difference in the three tuner models I will have.

5. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Support for Hauppauge WinTv 955Q has been added. This ensures ATSC will be available in enigma2 for several more years.

7. Thanks eastof111, mountaineer thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    HD Video Clip. Use the 720p setting in the YouTube Player.

9. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Nice.... a comparison of sensitivity and lock thresholds between WinTV and the Sundtek would be appreciated. Would like to see which is better for fringe area reception.
    I have had time to test these two tuners for you using the same antenna, and altering coax feeds to enure there is no cable issues in the tests.
    The Sundtek tuner is down a little bit at 569 MHz compared to the WinTV 850, and the Sundtek tuner will glitch at random on some channels while the WinTv 850 is stable. The 569 MHz signal was weak and marginal for this test. Glitches on Sundtek can be noted by activating PIP and observing both tuners. Testing included changing which tuner was in PIP, and changing coak feed cables. The resuts were the same with all changes: The Sundtek device would glitch while the WinTv 850 did not. The Sundtek tuner runs cooler, but causes the spinner to activate when no signal is present. I do not know if that issue is related to enigma2 or not, but the WinTv 850 does not activate the spinner when no signal is present. Overall stability is in favor of the WinTv 850. Would be nice to make a comparison with the Sundtek device in native ATSC mode.

I have posted Experimental versions of the SatDeamGr image. These images are 100% stable for me. They are also 100% ready for ATSC. Simply load the divers from feeds, and scan the ATSC frequencies. Then watch TV.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tests. You describe the glitching and spinner exactly as I have experienced. Will pickup a Wintv and see if it performs in my neck of the woods.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a short HD video that shows the Sundtek device glitching. Will be interesting to see if this issue disappears when a native ATSC driver is installed.

13. Thanks ViP3R, eastof111 thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB your video is set to private.

click click b00m

15. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fixed...Just for you.

17. Likes ViP3R liked this post
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast