Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    You may share the information. It is Open Source. Thanks for asking first. Remember, Athoik and SatDreamGr supplied this solution!

The image should not have anything to do with channels scanned or not scanned because the 955Q tuner does the actual finding of channels.

Open Eight and Egami have issues with ATSC using any supported Hauppauge tuner.

I appreciate your comments and taking time to check the operation of the device!

2. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 955Q project should now be complete in SatDreamGr experimental image. The information needed to fix the 955Q is available and will probably be added by most of the other image groups in time.

There should not be any need now for telnet commands.

Simply download and install Satdreamgr-5-sf4008-20170917.zip from:[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Do an online update after installing the image and the signal in db will work.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello EB
    I installed the Satdreamgr-5 on on the flash, updated the software and it recognizes all tuners, but there is no sound either on the USB tuners or the A and B tuners, are you having the same problems?
    Let me know.
    Regards.
    Chewie

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sound works for me.
    Go into the standby/restart menu of the receiver and restart enigma. See if that works.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try that already and same thing, I will down load a fresh image and reload it.
    Regards.
    Chewie

8. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is an ATSC bug in enigma2. I will explain it briefly, but I am not interested in trying to fix it.

(1) The FCC requires all tv stations to send an unique Transport Stream Identification number. This is commonly known as a TSID.
    (2) The FCC Does Not require Low Power Television Stations or LPTV to send or transmit a TSID.
    (3) ATSC in enigma2 is designed to look for a TSID and assign it to the frequency for a channel or group of channels (Transponder Frequency)
    (4) When two or more LPTV stations are scanned in the enigma2 receiver that have the exact same TSID, enigma2 logs the channels, but only logs the last transponder scanned.

When two LPTV stations are scanned, the user will see the channel or channels for both stations, but only the channels for the last station scanned will work! This has been a big problem in the past for me because there are several LPTV stations in my area that are transmitting identical TSID's. Hopefully this problem will correct itself when the television stations repack and transition to ATSC 3.0. I have yet to see anyone else complain about this problem, and the symptom would be scanning in channels that do not work.

I have found a solution or work-around by manually adding unique TSID's to the ATSC transponders in my area that do not have one. This works well for me, and is probably the only solution at this point in time.

We have tested Hauppauge 850, 950, and 955 ATSC 1.0 usb devices. All three of these devices, or a combination of these three devices work in Vu+ Duo2, Vu+ Zero, Edision OS Mini, and Octagon SF4008. These three ATSC devices along with this list of receivers satisfies the needs of the members of this forum. I do not see any reason to change or add anything else to enigma2 ATSC at this time. Let's wait a year or two and see what ATSC 3.0 does.

10. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ATSC bug has apparently been fixed in latest SatDreamGr Experimental image!
    More information on this shortly.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

12. Thanks ViP3R, mountaineer thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a technical description of the problem from Athoik:
    scan: do not ingore namespace subnetwork

By default the namespace contains only part of the hash that is possible to store
    because when we are having valid ONID we are ingoring the last 2 bytes (subnetwork).

That is happening when isValidONIDTSID is true and that exists since the initial
    import of enigma2 in git.

In the subnetwork we are storing the frequency and polarization for sat
    and frequency for other systems and that solves all the problematic cases where
    same ONID is appeared twice, without hardcoding exceptions in isValidONIDTSID.

Although by not ingoring the subnetwork all the service references will change
    making at least picons unusable.

The findPicon can be optimized to ingore the subnetwork and that will be fixed
    by another.

Ideally the namespace should not ingore the subnetwork and isValidONIDTSID
    check can go away, once there are no issues preventing to do so.

Extra selection has been added in SatDreamGr and OpenVix images.
    (Ignore DVB namespace sub network = no)

14. Thanks eastof111, mountaineer thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Something to do with the hauppauge 950Q is causing my channels to change after a reboot. Alot of channels in tv favorites show N/A but when I change to that channel it will tune in and say dvb service and then change back to the original name but my radio favorites the ones I added Pid's manually say not found in pat and the pid's have been changed to all zeros. Luckily I Had it backed up and loading the backup fixes it.
    has this happened to anyone else?

16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one has documented or even commented about the ATSC tuners causing problems with other channels before this. Some low power tv stations do not transmit a correct Id, and this will cause problems only with the ATSC channels, but there is a setting that fixes this.

Favorites could be thought of as an extension of the main channel list. It would be a good idea to check and see if the main list is correct, then figure out what you are doing to disrupt the Favorite channel bouquet.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.