Thread: Actuator jam

1. Collapse Details
    Actuator jam
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I parked my 10 footer at 135w a few weeks ago in preparation for snow. When I got back from vacation the dish would not move. I went out and looked at it today and the actuator is closed completely and i can hear the motor try to move when actuated but nothing. I tried pushing on the dish to help it but it still won't go. I have a few spare actuators that I will have to setup maybe next week.

The actuator is a Superjack and I haven't had any problems with it until now. Does anyone have any experience or tips on how to unjam one of these? I am hoping that I can fix it. I have a brand new actuator in the basement but it is a cheap model and would prefer not to use it.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would probably remove the motor from the end of the actuator first and do two tests.
    (1) Verify that motor works correctly when disconnected from actuator.
    (2) Verify that actuator spins freely. You can test this once the motor is removed by inserting a tool into the motor end of the actuator and spinning it by hand.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Thanks cpr43, rrob311 thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will hopefully be able to try that this evening.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I took the actuator apart earlier and looked at the motor. It looked ok so I put it together. I then checked the screw drive and it was jammed. So I took it out and put it in my vise and freed it up. I believe the receiver commanded it all the way and overtightened it. I am going to reset the limit on my receiver to prevent this from happening again. I also moved the actuator so it goes further past 135w before closing all the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Likes Costactc liked this post