OpenPLi 4.0 With TBS5925 Support - Discussion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Discuss this Topic here.

Link to download: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by el bandido; 03-13-2016 at 11:37 PM.

2. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So how would one physically set up an external TBS5925 to a Vu+ receiver, coax cabling etc.
    Octagon SF4008, Vu+ Solo2, Titanium ASC1, Perfect 10 C/KU mesh 10 foot dish,Chaparral corotor II, 24 inch Von Wiese actuator, old AZBox premium HD Plus, TBS5925.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a TBS 5925? Which Vu+ receiver do you have or want to use? Duo2?

Progress has been made. You may follow the installation instructions I wrote when I posted the image (See Link in post#1)
    Or you may download and install the image, update the image using online update, then install TBS plugin from downloadable plugins/drivers. After TBS plugin is installed, turn Off receiver using rear rocker switch, Connect TBS 5925 to the receiver's usb port, power on TBS 5925, then power on receiver.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have one TBS5925 coming, will hook it up to a Duo2. Looking at the picture how would the coax cable be hooked in? I see a loop out port. You have explained the usb port and the software installation, thanks.
    Octagon SF4008, Vu+ Solo2, Titanium ASC1, Perfect 10 C/KU mesh 10 foot dish,Chaparral corotor II, 24 inch Von Wiese actuator, old AZBox premium HD Plus, TBS5925.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    LNB In for the lnb coax.
    Loop out would be for another receiver, so you could daisy-chain another receiver to the same satellite antenna. But you will be stuck with the polarity that the TBS 5925 is on at that particular time.

Be glad to help with any questions you may have. Blindscan will probably be available for TBS soon.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Thanks DaveLH thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should be here today so getting my homework done. Love the enigma2 satellite receivers, the different images to try out. I see now openPLI is ver 4.0 and also open black hole just came out with ver 4.0. tried it out and they sure got things right for us over here even the time clock works. Plugged your Blindscan-NA in and it worked. Not sure if OBH 4.0 supports the TBS tuners.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Open Black Hole does not have TBS support at this time.

Experimental SstDreamGr are the best TBS images right now. I suggest downloading and installing the latest image in this link.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

10. Thanks DaveLH thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been playing, scanning and reading about this TBS5925 on the Vu+ Duo2. Where is the saved satellite channel list same place as the V+ tuners or is it in the unit itself, can't seem to find it. would like to save it if it's possible. Been scanning the c band frequencies, the K/u band the lnb is acting up so have one on order. Have been using openPLI and satdreamgr, looks like the same people are involved with both.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly are you wanting to save? Do you know how to use FileZilla or a similar file transfer program?
    Enigma2 shares the same satellite file and stored channels with ALL installed tuners. There are a couple of options you can use to specify which tuner has access to a certain satellite's channels.

The TBS 5925 also has provisions to change to a certain satellite, or to call a certain satellite. I see no need to use this feature because enigma2 can do these things.

SatdreamGR is based on OpenPLi. Many different groups build enigma2 images, but all of these groups base their builds on a select few sources. I think all enigma2 images are good. The image builds from different groups allows customizing of the image for people that cannot or will not add or delete what they want in an image.

I prefer OpenPLi images because their images are light and easy for me to alter or customize. Other groups produce what could be called "full images" because they load many options and features at default. OpenPLi more or less loads what is needed to run at default, then allows you to add the extras that you need. Lighter images may run faster and usually take less time to boot or load than full images.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

13. Thanks DaveLH thanked for this post