Hello folks, my X2 Prem HD has developed switching problems, have been tinkering for several days and haven't eliminated all the glitches yet. After a massive rain a few days ago, this happened. There was one big thunderclap I heard during the storm but it wasn't reallly close by, but I know that doesn't always mean it wasn't lightning related.
X2=to 22khz switch (switches between big c-band dish, and my motorized ku dish), KU dish on the 22khz-ON side of switch, then to 4port diseqc outside that allows me to switch to 2 more fixed ku dishes. The c-band line (22kz OFF side) goes straight to the c-band dish. Problem I noticed first was low signal level indication on some ku channels, but plenty of signal, and good video. Scanning was fine, and c-band channels were normal, signal display on X2 was as before.
Finally figured out that port 1 on the diseqc went bad, and I didn't have a backup that wasn't also used and suspect. Got new switches on the way!
Sometimes though-I get cband channels scanning in on ku-satellites when I run a ku-scan, as if the 22kz switch is bad too! Had a new replacement Ecoda switch, same problem. Have loaded several versions of X2 software but nothing fixes it completely. Anybody think this might be a voltage problem with the receiver??
When I get the new diseqc in a few days I'll know more, tonight the box seems to be working better, but I'm still getting signal levels on some of the ku channels that show 5-10 % on strong channels, others show normal. Right now I'm puzzled.