Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Tron, this is basically the receiver I bought: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It advertises an ali3510 processor with av2018 tuner.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

That is the thread on it from early this year.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Likes Tron 2.0 liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    Tron, this is basically the receiver I bought: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It advertises an ali3510 processor with av2018 tuner.

That is the thread on it from early this year.
    Hey Rrob, sorry it took me awhile to respond as I was driving the semi-truck around yesterday. I checked out your links and studied the specs on the receiver you bought on Amazon with the Ali Chipset. I have the identical receiver as yours, with the exception that I have the upgraded Novatek 78211 chipset for 2015 making mine a Model M5; so not necessarily a No Name Box. The Novatek is a major upgrade as it processes everything much better for a better picture and performance. The F/W I just got from the Ebay seller will be incompatible with your receiver due to the radically different chipsets. You can still try it, but you will probably either get an error, or your receiver will get seriously bricked up and unusable.

**** I just received an email from the Ebay seller in China who is in direct contact with the factory, the new F/W I got from him is actually WRONG and to NOT load it into my receiver! He said that he will email me the correct updated F/W for my receiver as soon as he hears back from the factory. I'm still waiting, but if I get the correct updated F/W from him in time for the weekend, I will check it out and give you an update here. I hope this helps. :-D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

4. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Hey Rrob, sorry it took me awhile to respond as I was driving the semi-truck around yesterday. I checked out your links and studied the specs on the receiver you bought on Amazon with the Ali Chipset. I have the identical receiver as yours, with the exception that I have the upgraded Novatek 78211 chipset for 2015 making mine a Model M5; so not necessarily a No Name Box. The Novatek is a major upgrade as it processes everything much better for a better picture and performance. The F/W I just got from the Ebay seller will be incompatible with your receiver due to the radically different chipsets. You can still try it, but you will probably either get an error, or your receiver will get seriously bricked up and unusable.

**** I just received an email from the Ebay seller in China who is in direct contact with the factory, the new F/W I got from him is actually WRONG and to NOT load it into my receiver! He said that he will email me the correct updated F/W for my receiver as soon as he hears back from the factory. I'm still waiting, but if I get the correct updated F/W from him in time for the weekend, I will check it out and give you an update here. I hope this helps. :-D

Thanks for the update Tron 2.0. You could probably try and mention to the seller that way back you purchased the old model (Ali) and see if he can send you both firmwares?? Here is a pic of the old model[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Maybe the one sent was for the old model??????
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

6. Thanks Tron 2.0 thanked for this post
    Likes Tron 2.0 liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlospr43 View Post
    Thanks for the update Tron 2.0. You could probably try and mention to the seller that way back you purchased the old model (Ali) and see if he can send you both firmwares?? Here is a pic of the old model[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Maybe the one sent was for the old model??????
    I will look to see, the email attachment doesn't tell me much. :-)

8. Thanks cpr43 thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will ask the seller, the attachment doesn't tell me everything about the description, I don't have a way to attach the F/W I have using the phone. I have alot of driving to do today. :-(

10. Thanks cpr43 thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just sent off a message to the Ebay seller, waiting for a reply. I hope I don't confuse him too badly.

12. Thanks cpr43 thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I am able to get from the wrong software that was emailed to me, looks like it's software for a completely different receiver. Still waiting for the Ebay seller to respond.

14. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    I will look to see, the email attachment doesn't tell me much. :-)

16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think *.ssu are for Novatek. I recall the old X2 premium used the *.ssu. Ali are usually *.abs
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

17. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
    Likes Tron 2.0 liked this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlospr43 View Post
    I think *.ssu are for Novatek. I recall the old X2 premium used the *.ssu. Ali are usually *.abs
    You are probably correct Carlos, now that I think about it, the Skybox I have is an ALI chipset, and the F/W on that is .abs file. I also have a Manhattan with a Novatek chipset which requires .SSU files. :-)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast