Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by carlospr43 View Post
    Look for a free trial period Winrar instead. It will give you 15 days free. Winrar give you the choices to use both options ZIP or RAR

I will send you a PM with my e-mail so you can send it to me and I wll do the post for you.
    Thank you very much for helping me, I didn't want to spend all day with this little box, I have a Skybox F5S receiver I want to dig into and figure out. I will plug in a USB cable into the China Box to see what happens.

2. Thanks easily confused thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I will need to buy a USB Cable that's male on both ends to see if my computer can access the receiver at all. I did leave a message to the seller about the USALS Motor Settings problem, and to email me an updated FW when available. I do not expect to get a reply back or any FW updates from the seller, but will see. :-)

4. Thanks easily confused thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I finally found a way to hook up the receiver to my computer through the USB Port, but nothing happens. I did email the seller with the USALS problems I was having. He did respond surprisingly, and asked me for the SW Version I was using as he would pass that info onto the manufacture. I gave him a screen shot of the receiver info screen and told him the problems still remain after resetting the receiver.

6. Thanks cpr43, easily confused, el bandido thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ** New F/W just released!!
    The Ebay Seller just sent me a new F/W update to try in this receiver. It's an SSU file for sure. I drive a semi truck all week, so I won't be back home to try the new F/W until this weekend. But after I load it into the receiver with the USB Flashdrive, I will let you know how well it works and try to post the new F/W update here. :-)

8. Thanks easily confused thanked for this post
    Likes rrob311 liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's good to see they don't just sell and abandon these receivers and provide some support after the sale.

Even if the box doesn't provide features the advanced hobbyist would desire, it allows someone to get into FTA without spending much money. I still use my $49 X2 every day.

10. Thanks easily confused, Tron 2.0 thanked for this post
    Likes Tron 2.0, rrob311, el bandido liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado5150 View Post
    It's good to see they don't just sell and abandon these receivers and provide some support after the sale.

Even if the box doesn't provide features the advanced hobbyist would desire, it allows someone to get into FTA without spending much money. I still use my $49 X2 every day.
    Exactly! At least I hope the seller will continue to provide me with updates or when I ask for them. It's not a bad little box for its size, it puts out a really nice HD picture with improved CPU and sensitive tuner. Granted it doesn't do IPTV or Google, but I can always to that on my gaming computer. It's still a nice little box for a beginner to get into and see if they will like FTA without spending a lot of money. I will try the new F/W and if the USALS setting works correctly, I can test out the recording function. But you do have to manually enter the date and time, there is no ethernet port on the box. You will probably still need to change the satellite listings manually for US use as well.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here is the Ebay item I bought under a new listing. I hope it's ok to share this link with you guys on here, so you can buy the correct item.
    The price came down a little bit too. :-)

13. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tron have you put up a screenshot of the box info page? I am curious as to what information comes up. I am trying to figure out differences with the older box. I would like to try new firmware for it. Just need to dig it out of the basement.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    Tron have you put up a screenshot of the box info page? I am curious as to what information comes up. I am trying to figure out differences with the older box. I would like to try new firmware for it. Just need to dig it out of the basement.
    Hey Rrob!
    If you click on the first pictures at the top of this thread, you will see the screenshot I took of the Info Screen on the 2015 receiver. The new FW might change that information however. I won't be home until late Friday to install the new FW into the box with the USB drive to see what happens. I would guess the major change would be the CPU. You can still find the listing to your old receiver on Ebay and compare the specs. By the way, I did include screenshots of the receiver specs at the top of the thread too. :-)

16. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    Rrob, by the way, if your 2014 No Name Box is an ALI Chipset, the new FW might not work for it, as the CPU is now a Novateck. You might mess up your older receiver, or get an error message. You might be better off buying the new box, I included the Ebay Listing link above. :-D

18. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast