Thread: tiptip9696

1. Collapse Details
    tiptip9696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I am quite stumped at my predicument. I have a 36" fta dish with an Invacom quad polar lnb with a 40mm horn followed by a Spaun dms 5802 NF multi-switch with two diplexers at receivers. I also have two x2-premium-IV dvb-S-3 . My problem is that I am trying to get Galaxy 14. I followed all the points from dish pointer.com, using the longitude and latitude , elevation,etc... I get no signal at receivers. Yet when I use the satellite finder on the LNB, I get any where between 87%- 95% signal strength. I have even tried a different satellite and I get the same results. But when I go to the receiver, I get no signal. I have contacted the manufacture for each item and they are pointing the finger at everybody else except themselves. I contact x2premium and was told that it was a LNB issue. I contact Invacom (LNB manufacture)and they tell me it is the multi-switch. I contact Spaun and they tell me it's the dish. This is worse than going to my dentist. I go see him with a toothache in front, they take a whole series of x-ray's and try to get me to commit to an over-rated bill. I then ask them about my front tooth, since there is no mention of it on the estimate, and I get told not to worry about it, that they will fix it for free. At this point I know that I get a signal at the LNB, but not the receiver. I have dis-connected cables, re-connected, replaced diplexers, etc... I need help. I have had all this junk and I still don't have any satellite TV. What can I do???- desperate!!!

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is the invacom lnb part number?
    What are the diplexer part numbers?
    Have you tried testing by running a cable from the back of the receiver to the lnb without anything connected in between? Do you have a decent signal when doing this?

Probably the best way to tackle this is to eliminate as many parts or pieces as possible. Run a cable directly from the receiver to the lnb and tune the dish antenna for the best signal. Then add the other pieces one at a time.

4. Likes FatManWalking liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thread moved to discussions from files.

click click b00m

6. Thanks el bandido, rrob311 thanked for this post