Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Communication Issue
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I haven`t attempted to communicate with my Vu+ Solo2 for quite some time and I have changed my internet provider in the interim. Every attempt at using its ip addy to communicate with my laptop comes up with 404 Not Found. Any ideas. I also cannot communicate with my dm800 hd as well, although internet connection is definitely there.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you trying to communicate using a router, or just through the internet?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both EB, never had ab issue in the past and Filezilla is also a no go.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look in your router and verify the ip that is assigned to the receiver. It may have changed. You can also look in the receiver and see what ip has been assigned to it.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did look into the receiver but that ip never connects. How would I verify that with my router?

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I type in the ip addy that my vu+solo 2 is telling me and it's a no go and with filezilla as well. Is there something that I can do to avoid this blockage, a setting or something?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look in the router's manual for information on how to see what is connected to it OR post make/model of router and I will look for the info in the internet.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Costa, are you using DHCP On or OFF in your network setting for the receiver? If ON, the router should automatically assign an ip address to your receiver. If OFF, you can assign a static address so it will always remain the same. To find out what address to use, go to a command prompt on your windows laptop and type "ipconfig /all" without the quotes.

It will display the ip address of your laptop, subnet mask, default gateway and dns servers you are using. Once you know the ip address of your laptop, you can go to your receiver and under the network settings turn OFF DHCP and the menu will change to where you have to assign an ip address (choose a number over or under your laptop ip address). If your laptop is 192.169.5.45 (example) choose 192.169.5.44 or 192.169.5.45 for your receiver. For netmask use 255.255.255.0. For default gateway say YES. For dns servers, it should automatically pickup the info from your router and match whatever displayed in the ipconfgi /all.

Now whenever you use Filezilla, assign it the same ip address as your receiver and you shouldn't have to change it again.

9. Thanks Silverado5150 thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the weird thing. I still have phone service with the previous internet provider and their modem is still here, when I try to connect to their service it works. When I'm on the other service I can communicate with both my e2 receivers but when I go back to my new provider it doesn't connect.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you saying that your new provider is connected to the same modem as the old provider? If so, try going to the command prompt again and type "ipconfig /renew" without the quotes and reboot and see what happens. If that doesn't help, call your new provider and they will help you reset your ip addresses and most likely check your router settings along with your windows network settings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast