Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    X2 Premium IV Review by Rick Caylor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    This post by Rick Caylor was found by me while researching the Premium IV receiver.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Fubar,

First I want to thank you for all of the hard work and feed posting that you do!

With that said, I am asking that you take your discussion of the X2 Premium Receivers elsewhere, as it is not welcome here anymore. Maybe take it to their forum, that is if they have one?

From my research what I am finding is that companies like this can ship small quantities into the US and by pass customs. Thus, no customs enforcement of licensing or trademarks are enforced, that happens on larger orders of say a pallet or a container. On a larger order that customs inspects and checks for proper licensing, they can confiscate the order if the product does not pass their inspections.

I have had a discussion with Dolby Labs and will pursue further conversations with them and others to see what can be done if anything. Amazon does not seem to care about this. I don't agree with how and why our own government lets it happen. Others in this business at the production level, already know much more about this than I do. It is quite expensive to have the proper licenses for Dolby, USB & UL Certification, which all drive up the cost of a properly licensed product.

Here are a couple of other things that I have read and have been told today. I don't know if it is true or not, but still gathering information.

Some models of the receivers came pre loaded with IKS which is for stealing Dish Network Signals.

There is already an on going federal investigation and it is possible that they could ask for Amazon records for customers that they sold the X2 units to.

I am growing my knowledge about this subject and will continue to learn what I can and I want to bring products into the US to sell at good prices, but I also want to support the companies in the US that are playing by the rules. A search of the web, brings up many other discussions about this subject. I will work hard to make for sure that now and in the future that I only offer products that are properly licensed.

I still want to Thank Fubar and the others who work hard to share their knowledge and to post feeds for us all to enjoy.

Thanks,

Rick
    I have news for Rick Caylor. The Premium IV is a legal product. Brian Gohl made sure of this by reporting the X2 as illegal and trying to get it removed from market. If my information is wrong, Prove it instead of claiming it!

2. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
    Likes cpr43 liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had a discussion with Dolby Labs and will pursue further conversations with them and others to see what can be done if anything.
    I personally contacted Dolby Labs, and they would not comment at all about certifications. It looks like the Dolby Information is embedded in the chip, so the chip maker has to pay the license fee. I challenge Rick or any other person to provide Proof that the X2 has not paid for Dolby Licensing.

It is quite expensive to have the proper licenses for Dolby, USB & UL Certification, which all drive up the cost of a properly licensed product.
    The U.S. Sellers or Vendors that are crying about this stuff should post Proof that the products they sell are properly Licensed. Recent X2 Products have all the needed certifications, and I challenge anyone to Prove otherwise.

Some models of the receivers came pre loaded with IKS which is for stealing Dish Network Signals.
    Some models of receivers that Rick Caylor has sold also came pre loaded with IKS.
    Almost ALL if not ALL receivers that Rick sells Now are designed for theft or are capable of theft.

There is already an on going federal investigation and it is possible that they could ask for Amazon records for customers that they sold the X2 units to.
    I am scared! Especially since I just purchased a Premium IV receiver...
    Seriously, The Federal Government probably has better things to do than investigate X2. People like Rick will tell you anything to make the competition look bad.

4. Likes terrer, cpr43 liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rick Caylor has long been associated with theft of services. He used to work at Sonicview,and this Company along with Viewsat and Pansat openly supported theft of services for several years. Sonicview had to close, and Pansat also closed, but reopened under the name Linkbox which Rick currently sells. Linkbox and IKS are closely related.

Rick also sells a Manhattan product The spokesperson for Manhattan is a person actively engaged in signal theft. Stone1150 has been active in theft of satellite signals for many years and is active in IKS theft using the nic digitaldan.
    It is funny to see digitaldan post about Manhattan products, then post about IKS.

I think the bottom line here is the fta community as a whole has been ripped off or overcharged for fta products by most U.S. sellers for many years. A receiver such as the New Manhattan would cost 10-15 dollars a piece at the point of manufacture. A re-seller such as Rick could buy this receiver for around 40 dollars in quantity, then sell it for one hundred dollars profit.
    One hundred dollars profit sounds like a lot, but you have to consider returns and other aggravating things, but still at the end of the day, you can make some money.

The X2 Premium IV cost less than 100 dollars, so there is not much of a way for a re-seller to make a decent profit. The Premium IV seems to be as good as if not better than some of the more expensive receivers that Rick sells, so I can see why he is complaining about the X2, and why him and others constantly bash it. EB

6. Thanks terrer, temocles0918 thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    As usual, it's always about the money. Plus, he misjudged and came in late into the game of stocking inexpensive Chinese receivers. Now he has to protect his current inventory. Too bad the op with 13000+ posts had to be singled out, especially when he was posting useful info that might have helped others, i.e., current or future owners.

8. Likes cpr43 liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a photo of the VBox positioner that Rick sells. There are no UL or any other U.S. certifications attached to it.
    I bet Rick ordered a small quantity of these VBoxes so they would get through Customs.
    From my research what I am finding is that companies like this can ship small quantities into the US and by pass customs. Thus, no customs enforcement of licensing or trademarks are enforced, that happens on larger orders of say a pallet or a container. On a larger order that customs inspects and checks for proper licensing, they can confiscate the order if the product does not pass their inspections.

Here is a photo of the Linkbox 9000 that Rick sells. It does not have the FCC sticker attached to it.

10. Thanks terrer thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to add that the Linbox has the open spot for the LS500 QPSK/8PSK module needed to pirate Dish, some dealers even sell it installed.

The X2 is not capable or has no slots for a Turbo module to pirate dish, so talking about the X2 being a pirate box when you sell one of the most popular IKS boxes for stealing dish is the pot calling the kettle black.

click click b00m

12. Thanks rrob311 thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi el bandido.....Glad you started this post about the Caylor post about the X2 comments over on his forum! I thought his remarks to the poster were totally wrong about the X2 receiver! I started to give my opinion about Rick'a comments but, I figured that I would be warned or banned for making the comments! (Not that I really care or was afraid that might happen!)! Anyway, I agree with all your comments on this subject! Thanks

14. Thanks ViP3R, el bandido, cpr43, eastof111 thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rick runs a Ban-Happy site, so be sure to wear a suit with an appropriate tie when posting. Remember, It is his site, so he may run it as he sees fit. But saying that the site will die if he does not sell fta products only shows that his heart is in the money instead of the hobby. It cost very little money to maintain a site such as his.

I see Rick imported some cheap VBoxes from China. This product does not have any certifications that show it is valid to be sold in the U.S. So why is Rick selling them? Should we call the FBI, or perhaps Homeland Security? After all, these illegal boxes should be reported!

How can the U.S. seller named Titanium compete with someone like Rick who is bringing in cheap VBoxes? Titanium supposedly has all the needed certifications, but aren't these certifications for Europe instead of the U.S? Why does Rick Caylor choose to Illegally import cheap China stuff that is not certified instead of selling a U.S. designed product???

The bottom line is all these guys are in the same bucket of pooh. They will import a cheap China product and sell it, but then claim foul when somebody else does the same thing. Rick Caylor needs to take a long look in the mirror.
    Last edited by el bandido; 09-16-2015 at 08:32 PM.

16. Thanks terrer, cpr43 thanked for this post
    Likes Costactc, ViP3R liked this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    el bandido......Thanks again for your comments and I like the way you word your topics with truth! I agree with and have seen the same things you are talking about over in the other forums! I like Rick and he pretty well leaves you alone, but if you don't chime in with his opinions on stuff!!!..well??..this only my opinion! Thanks for your information and thoughts!

18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by terrer View Post
    Hi el bandido.....Glad you started this post about the Caylor post about the X2 comments over on his forum! I thought his remarks to the poster were totally wrong about the X2 receiver! I started to give my opinion about Rick'a comments but, I figured that I would be warned or banned for making the comments! (Not that I really care or was afraid that might happen!)! Anyway, I agree with all your comments on this subject! Thanks
    You wont be the first its banned because it tries to tell Rick's he is wrong.
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast