Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Carlospr43 I bricked my Premium III, I downloaded your Loader and followed the instructions, I get an error message Opening Serial Port failed, I tried all my serial ports on the computer, getting error message, Opening Serial Port failed. I also tried all the COM ports also getting the same error message. I tried 2 different computers, still same thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loader is not the problem. Are you using a RS232 Null Cable? Make sure its NULL and not Straight. Test the Cable and the Com port in your computer to make sure which one is?? You can use any other old SD box to do it. Once you run the loader make sure you choose the proper Com Port (1,2..). Bit Rate: 115200 Parity: Even, Checkmark the Include Bootloader and find the Backup Software before hitting Next. If the Com port is free and working it should work fine.
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

3. Thanks ViP3R, jdelanos73 thanked for this post
    Likes Costactc liked this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi JD, Are you sure your using a RS-232 null cable and not a straight through cable? It could be the reason for the port error.

I see Carlos answered just before me..thanks Carlos.

click click b00m

5. Thanks jdelanos73 thanked for this post
    Likes Costactc liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Carlos Is this the right cable, not sure what you mean NULL and not Straight. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is just a USB to RS232 cable. You need to know well how to configure this to use it. What I mean is a real RS232 to Rs232 NULL cable. This is what I usually used and works fine

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carlos are you saying that the cables I have will work?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The cables you have may work, but they will need to be configured correctly.
    You have an USB to serial device or USB com port. Your computer will need to install the driver for this device and assign a com port to it. Some USb serial devices have a small disc that is included in the original packaging. This small disc contains the needed drivers to install the serial device.

You may check and see if your usb to serial device is installed correctly by connecting it to your computer, then go to the device manager and see if the device is listed under com ports.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB, I checked under the Device Manager, the driver for my Keyspan is listed under Serial Port COM5. When I change Port to COM5 The Message is -- Synchronizing STBs... Please reset target! And it just sits there with nothing happening. When I Cancel it says Downloading, but not really Downloading, I waited over an hour with still nothing happening.

I don't even get the bar at the bottom showing the % of downloading.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelanos73 View Post
    Thanks EB, I checked under the Device Manager, the driver for my Keyspan is listed under Serial Port COM5. When I change Port to COM5 The Message is -- Synchronizing STBs... Please reset target! And it just sits there with nothing happening. When I Cancel it says Downloading, but not really Downloading, I waited over an hour with still nothing happening.

I don't even get the bar at the bottom showing the % of downloading.
    Originally you reported a "Opening Serial Port failed". That seems to be fixed using the Com5. The new message "Synchronizing STBs... Please reset target!" Usually happens when you are not doing in the right process. The box should be unplug from power line with the rear rocket switch in ON position. Once you open the loader and open the recovery file there should be 2 ways to do it. When you hit NEXT , immediatly plug the box in the power line. If this way doesnt work then do the opposite: Plug the box in the power line and immediatly hit the NEXT boton.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carlos I tried everything you said in Post #29 I think this receiver has had it, it just says on all the time. What bricked it was Sept file for Premium III, looks like it may be time to buy a new one. Thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast