Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Channel Master 4x4 switch usage
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Trying to use a Channel Master switch with three lnb on a 1.2 meter Ku dish.
    Made a bracket to accommodate more than four LNB. The 1.2 meter dish that came with two commercial lnbs one horizontal and one Vertical polarity, and were a gift from an out of business gas station. I use these two lnb with the ChannelMaster with two small coax cables.

Now, the dish is pointed toward 97W, with good reception of all channels. As stated earlier, I made a lnb bracket which is good for at least four more lnbs.

I have pointed one lnb at the time with no switch at 95W and receiving all the channels, another lnb using the same method is pointed at 103W and still in the works, ( not getting all of the channels as of yet). Not certain of the true Skew value for this satellite.

After all of the above rambling, here is the main question. How do I interface the ChannelMaster 4x4 switch to the other lnbs, what do I need to make it work. The other lnbs are Invacom, which have both polarity in one unit.

Since the ChannelMaster have four Horizontal and four Vertical connections, as well as four inputs, how do the other two lnbs get connected to the ChannelMaster?. What other hardware do I need to accomplish this task.

Thanking You in advance.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Invacom will need to have two outputs so you can connect to both polarities of the switch. Nothing more, Nothing less...
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once you go out from the 4x4 with 2 sats you will need to address the remaining sats with a Diseqc switch . Remaining sats will go to an additional 4x4 if a 3rd or 4th sat will be added using double output lnbs or directly to the diseqc swith 2 empty spaces if using singles lnbs.
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    one of the Invacom lnb is small and has a single input the other Invacom is bigger and has two terminals, which I believe that it is use for two receivers. Thanks for the reply, but I still do not understand or see on how to connect the whole setup.

Tomorrow I will try to take some pictures of what I have, maybe these pictures will explain more of what I want to do.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Took a few pictures of my setup, will try to send them as soon as I can figure out how to do it LOL
    Please don't laught too loud. Can a kind soul, please explain how to send and post pictures to this forum. I had some writen notes somewhere but they got lost. I practically never send or post pictures in the internet.

Thanks.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may use the image icon to upload pictures. This is a simple and easy way to do it.
    Click on the icon, third from right, then follow instructions in the box.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well here are the pictures as promised, this is one of first time that I have try to download pictures to any Forum.
    I have the two types of the Invacom LNBs, (2) QPH-031 Quad, and (1) SNH-031 a single, right now a {GFK-668} Ku lnb is pointed at 95W, and the single {SNH-031} is pointed to 103W. I am using an old Diseqc 4x1 that is on it's last leg but so far it seems to work. Made the bracket out of piece of aluminum flat bar, made it to comform to the outside curvature of the 1.2 meter dish

[/ATTACH][ATTACH]=CONFIG]12045[/ATTACH][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][ATTACH=CONFIG]12047

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty nifty setup!

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting all channels from 95W, and 97W. Still having problem with 103W, only viewing the beach channels and nothing else maybe have to play with lnb elevation and skew. Strong signal but not all of the channels. Will play some more.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You will need to aim the Precisely at the center satellite, then adjust the other lnbs as needed. 103 West is 6 degrees away from 97, so the elevation of this lnb may need to be adjusted. Do not change the dish elevation IF it is set correctly for 97 West.

A setup like this is excellent for learning and experimenting, but a single lnb and motorize the dish will be your best bet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast