Thread: Audio issues

1. Collapse Details
    Audio issues
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Anyone else have minor audio sync issues with their X2? Sync starts off perfect but after a few minutes can be up to 1 second off. If I change the channel and switch right back it will be perfect again for a few minutes. Same if I pause and unpause with the green key on the remote.
    It happens on most channels/birds; however, some channels work perfect and they are mostly in HD.

I've had a few email exchanges with tech support but I think there is a major language barrier.

This video shows the video lagging slightly behind the audio.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello 19psi and Welcome to legitfta!! .

Can you let us know which version of X2 do you have?? There are several models. Also what firmware version are you running in the X2??
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Carlospr43,

It's the black mini HD used with a KU dish. Bought it about a month ago off Amazon and it had the April firmware on it. I recently updated it to the June firmware which I believe was mainly for youtube.

The sync is off just enough to be annoying and it seems to wander too, so I can't set a specific delay in my home theater's receiver to compensate for it.
    I even ruled out the receiver by running the hdmi directly to my TV and using the TV's internal speakers. Also tried the optical out to my receiver and still get the same issue.
    For example, the NBC feeds on the new 103W are usually perfect but the lower quality MUX feeds on 72W are always off. On Galaxy 19, Revn and Retro will be out of sync but a channel like Jasmin TV (in very high quality HD) stays perfect. That seems to be the rule; however, I've had a few mpeg4 channels out of sync too...I can't seem to pin down one obvious cause.
    Of course I've also tried a factory reset, played with all the audio settings and disabled wifi. I'm guessing it's going to be a minor firmware issue.
    On a side note, movies played in the entertainment section through wifi also have a delay but it seems stable. Setting a 40 ms delay in my receiver keeps things looking nice.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    From those you mentioned I only has 97W Ku . My X2 Mini seems to play the video/audio fine and sync is OK on REVN and Retro. Maybe you could try rolling back and forward the firmware to get rid of any bug. Always doing a Factory and a hard reboot after each installation. I have no idea why yours is out of sync while mine is OK. Maybe a firmware issue as you mentioned. Is getting hard to keep contact with X2 lately tough.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I may give an older version a try. I was just nervous about going backwards as a lot of devices don't like that.
    What firmware version are you running?

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried all of them, going backward or forward. As long as you do a factory and a hard reboot it will load fine.