1. Collapse Details
    Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate 5 (DVB-S/S2) USB Tuner With BlindScan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    USB Tuners are the best way to customize the E2 set top box. USB tuners are available for about every application, including terrestrial and cable television.

The latest usb tuner from Sundtek is a DVB-S, DVB-S2 satellite tuner which is named the Sky TV Ultimate 5. This tuner should blindscan and support modulation types QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK . Most of the comments and information that I have seen are in German, and I do not translate that language well.

I have purchased one of these tuners for use on my VU+ Zero receiver. Hopefully this tuner will give the Zero blindscan capability, and also allow it to receive the 16 and 32 APSK signals. This tuner will be tested on some of my other receivers if all goes as planned. I am really looking forward to testing this usb tuner and I hope it performs well. EB

Link to tuner = [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did not know there was a strike going on. I should have received my tuner, but it could be a few weeks more due to the strike...

Deutsche Post and striking union set to resume talks on Friday
    Tuesday, June 30th, 2015

Deutsche Post and trade union Ver.di have agreed to return to the negotiating table on Friday after four weeks of strikes by postal workers in Germany.

The union said yesterday that industrial action will continue until an agreement is made, claiming that about 32,000 workers are currently on strike across Germany.

Ver.di has been leading protests over claims that Deutsche Post broke its collective bargaining agreement with its 140,000 workers in Germany, by splitting operations into 49 regional delivery companies to avoid the terms of the national deal.

The union has been demanding a reduction in the working week to 36 hours without a corresponding loss of pay.

“We have asked Deutsche Post to continue negotiations with us on 3rd July,” said deputy chairman Andrea Kocsis yesterday.

“Our goal is to arrive at a workable outcome that is able to bring peace to the serious conflict in operation. We will continue the indefinite labour dispute until an agreement is reached.”

The last round of negotiations attempted between the two sides was on 2nd June, with strike action called on 8th June. The union said there has been a “significant” backlog of letters and parcels during the strike action since.
    Deutsche Post

Deutsche Post said yesterday that it welcomed the union’s announcement that it would return to the negotiating table, and claimed the union had agreed to do so “without preconditions”.

Melanie Kreis, corporate human resources and labour director at Deutsche Post DHL Group, said it was a “positive sign” after weeks of confrontation with the union.

“We have always clearly stated that we are always available for constructive discussions, and after repeated encouragement Ver.di is finally taken up our offer to negotiate,” Kreis said.

“For us and many of our employees, it was totally incomprehensible that Ver.di cancelled negotiations unilaterally earlier in June. As a gesture of goodwill I am calling on Ver.di to let all strike action cease immediately. I hope that we can now actually talk about the issues within the collective bargaining agreement that are directly affecting our 140,000 workers.”

Deutsche Post said it was offering a more flexible working time model with extended job security provisions.

The desire for change comes as a result of “rapid” package service growth and high levels of competition in the industry. The company said the high levels of its staff wages are making it more difficult for Deutsche Post to compete against package delivery rivals.

Deutsche Post said that after restructuring into regional subsidiaries it is planning on creating 10,000 new jobs by 2020.

“This new structure is essential in order to safeguard employment in the current above-average conditions for those already employed at Deutsche Post today,” said Kreis.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    * Dreambox 800 (MIPSEL)

Hmmm interesting...........

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This device does not work well for me. It is very unstable on our dvb-S2 channels. Will update when the problem(s) are fixed.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is very nice to have a receiver that can do this:

USB tuners are portable and can be moved to other receivers or computers.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    It is very nice to have a receiver that can do this:

USB tuners are portable and can be moved to other receivers or computers.
    EB,

Very nice! Would you know if this USB tuner be compatible and work on X2 Premium II?

Thanks.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, Not compatible with the X2 .

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    This device does not work well for me. It is very unstable on our dvb-S2 channels. Will update when the problem(s) are fixed.
    A driver update this evening fixed these problems. Will continue to test and look for other issues or problems. Blindscan should be added soon.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oops, wrong place.