1. Collapse Details
    X2 Premium Mini with Stab HH90 - problems
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Trying to get the HH90 working with the mini and the rotor is moving in the opposite direction than that commanded. Here on the west coast when I select a satellite to the east of me it moves the dish to out over the Pacific. The fine drive works backward too - click on left and it moves right. I'm wonder if there isn't a menu somewhere on the mini where you select north or south hemisphere?

Both DiSEqC 1.2 and USALS have the same problem. Could the internal motor wiring between the rotor controller circuit and the motor be miswired?

Of course, I could mount the rotor with the shaft pointing up, but then the drain holes and connectors would be exposed to the rain (and it does rain on the Oregon coast!) If these receivers and rotors were designed to be used in the southern hemisphere, I'd think there would have to be a setting for either north or south hemisphere somewhere.

Ken

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Correction based on further bench testing. The USALS movement is in the correct direction. It's just the DiSEqC that's reversed. Guess I can just go the USALS route. Seems like less hair pulling.

Ken

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    DiSEqC 1.2 Does Not or Should Not rely on a location in order to work. To use DiSEqC 1.2, you manually drive the motor to a location that you want to store, then store the location.

USALS relies on the motor being aligned correctly. Then a latitude and longitude is entered and this allows a calculation to determine where the motor needs to go for a given orbit location.

DiSEqC 1.2 is manually set.
    USALS is automatically set.

There is no good explanation as to why both of these modes are giving the same error(s), Unless (1) The information is not being entered correctly in the receiver. Or (2) The firmware has problems.