Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Open Black Hole Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have read on Vu+ forum support the new information regarding the "Open Black Hole" Images. looks that you can share plugins between Black Hole & Pli Images
    I am not expert on Enigma2:
    What would be the benefits?
    What would be the benefits to America Users?
    What would be the benefits regarding our "North America Blind Scan" issues..
    Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What North America Blind Scan issues? Please explain.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    What North America Blind Scan issues? Please explain.
    The "issues" that are discussed in the other post regarding the blind scan using LNB's C band and Ku linear std ..

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A blindscan plugin that has a 10750 lnb is being built here because nobody else wants to do it.

More or less, An enigma2 image is an enigma2 image. They are designed to be used anywhere in the world. There are no real pluses or minuses to this new image that I see. Try it and see if you like it.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A blindscan plugin that has a 10750 lnb is being built here because nobody else wants to do it.
    In my time with ViX I tried very hard numerous times to kickstart a better working relationship with your selves and a Australian dev team to better improve E2 for all. Specifically in the blindscan area, which was always pretty much instantly closed down through no interest.

The simple fact of the matter is that it is not in the ViX sponsors (who also happens to be the owner of the wos forum / shop / ViX and the whole OE-A) interest. There's no profit in it for him to better E2 for any one but his customers in Europe so there will never be any real work carried out in this area. Unless you do it your selves.

Please don't think I'm posting this to start any kind of forum slagging match as I'm not. Just stating the facts from my 5 years working with and inside ViX and the O.E.A.

6. Thanks ViP3R, rrob311 thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just so everybody knows, a lnb with a 10750 l.o. can be blindcsanned using OpenPLi based images and OE Alliance based images. Use the circular setting in antenna setup for the 10750 l.o. This modification to the blindscan plugins was made some months ago.

8. Thanks ViP3R, rrob311 thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just so everybody knows, a lnb with a 10750 l.o. can be blindcsanned using OpenPLi based images and OE Alliance based images. Use the circular setting in antenna setup for the 10750 l.o. This modification to the blindscan plugins was made some months ago.
    Well in my defence I have had zero percent interaction with any STB dev wise in the past year. But I do still stand by my earlier reply.

Development especially for North America will be drearily slow as it's not commercially in the EU teams interest to spend time developing features they can't use or profit from. You guys either need to join with a EU team who genuinely wishes to dev for North America or you need to create a US based team or you will always be left behind.

10. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes eastof111 liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would be nice to have a North American Team for enigma2 images, but things are going pretty good as it is. OTA ATSC has been added to OpenPLi and is now being put in OpenVix. ATSC is already working in the latest OpenVix Duo2 image. After ATSC, all that is really left are some plugins that are designed for our area and epg.

12. Thanks eastof111, ViP3R thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale-Rider View Post
    In my time with ViX I tried very hard numerous times to kickstart a better working relationship with your selves and a Australian dev team to better improve E2 for all. Specifically in the blindscan area, which was always pretty much instantly closed down through no interest.
    I guess I am one of the guilty ones that lost interest in posting on the Euro forums for assistance due to initial lack of response. As time passed, due to lack of time, business interests, home related matters, a renewed interest in racing at the track has taken a toll in my enigma2 interest. Now, I would just prefer to pay for a finished product rather then spend the time to correct problems.

Also, the enigma2 market in the U.S. hasn't changed much since your past visits. There still is very little interest here in that regard. Yes, it has picked up some interest, but not enough to warrant a N.A. enigma2 club. But, I could be wrong. Hopefully, I am. Still, the talk of the town seems to be the cheap China boxes.

Welcome back! It's good to read your comments again.

14. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    I guess I am one of the guilty ones that lost interest in posting on the Euro forums for assistance due to initial lack of response. As time passed, due to lack of time, business interests, home related matters, a renewed interest in racing at the track has taken a toll in my enigma2 interest. Now, I would just prefer to pay for a finished product rather then spend the time to correct problems.

Also, the enigma2 market in the U.S. hasn't changed much since your past visits. There still is very little interest here in that regard. Yes, it has picked up some interest, but not enough to warrant a N.A. enigma2 club. But, I could be wrong. Hopefully, I am. Still, the talk of the town seems to be the cheap China boxes.

Welcome back! It's good to read your comments again.
    I can fully understand that mate. I tried until I was blue in the face to get ViX to do something but no one was really interested in working on projects they could not test or would have any real benefit to them selves. I very rarely go to those same forums now my self although for slightly different reasons. I'm still interested in enigma2 but no more interest in developing and the politics associated.

16. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast