Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Channel Master 1.2m Install
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have decided that the results of my testing were sufficient enough for me to install my Channel Master 1.2m dish. I will be posting many pics of the dig and install which will begin in 2 weeks time. I know my wife isn't too pleased about it but she will get used to it in time. I have an 8' pole in the garage from a previous install and its thickness is 3 1/2"- the dish will not be going anywhere with a pole that size. Can't wait:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hadn't realised that I had added an attachment to the pole and the top section is 3", which will make it easier to mod the motor attachment. I just applied the first coat of rust paint and will dig a hole of at least 3' for the frost line:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    that looks amazing, nice and clean , im sure your neighbours are realy asking question ,,, i know mine are always giving me the look...
    Amiko mini HD se
    Openbox S9
    Fortec Star 39' motorized dish
    OTA for local

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had the hot tub removed from my deck so that's what the delay was about. Lex managed to nodify the clamps that will be required as the pole is 3" and the motor clamps are only 2 1/2". As you will notice, there are interior holes for a 2 1/2" clamp. The hole will be dug tomorrow, hoping to get as close as I can to 4' deep:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately this dig was not as successful as previous ones. I kept hitting rock after rock and hit an extremely large one that I couldn't remove. The rock prevented my post digger from doing full rotations, 2 hours later and energy totally spent, I managed to get to 2 1/2' which will allow for about 5 1/2 feet of pole from the ground. I was hoping for at least 3 1/2' but there was no way to remove that rock so it will have to do. Not the clearest picture but my tape measure is at 30", hopefully the weight of the concrete will be enough and not require supports:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post is in the ground:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Collapse Details
    Finally!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The weather was great this morning and Lex and I finally installed the Channel Master 1.2m dish. I scanned in all sats from 72-125w without any issues but couldn't get signal quality on Hispasat at 30w. I will continue until my whole arc is scanned in. The limits on heavy duty were only 25 degrees so continuous adjustments were required. Once I have finished the arc all that remains is to pass the positioner wire to my family room in the basement.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice 4th of July present!

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I screwed up the site survey though. My pole is too close to my 10' bud, the 1,2m dish needs to be at 72w or further east for me to avoid contact.....

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer.... depending on how much clearance you need, an easy way out would be to weld a same diameter pole east of the existing planted pole. May not look pretty but it would save a lot of work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast