1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by carlospr43 View Post
    Tommorow I will redo everything and if posible will take a photos or video
    Thanks for help...eventhough ..if you can't take pic or video...just mention steps...that would be great help...

confusion in my mind..let me explain..and want to make my understanding clear...

- this box has has two kind of back up

1) database - backup/restore - when you choose any option(backup/restore)...this one is done internal saved by box..(i guess this will take back up of satellite + channels + IKS settings etc ) you can't see the file name or extention because it's done internal ...
    2) backup / restore with USB/OTS etc. - when we choose this option ( back up to USB ) - this will back up everything in box ( means flashed image +channel list + satellite + iks setting ..fairly entire box) with given file name.ssu (saved to USB)

- is my understanding correct ?? because i am trying to OPEN usb backup .ssu file ..which possibally can't open by EZM tools ( i am guessing..not sure ..clearing my doubts)
    - or as mentioned in -1) - is there anyway (which i don't know) to get that internal database backup to USB and possible open by EZM tools... in that case how to backup that database file to USB ??

please help me to understand this idea !! help appriciated ..thanks in advance...

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    you save the database or sharebank with ezm itself after connecting to the receiver via menu.
    Then you open the file you just saved.
    Probably why you are having problems.
    or am I being obtuse?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.zin View Post
    you save the database or sharebank with ezm itself after connecting to the receiver via menu.
    Then you open the file you just saved.
    Probably why you are having problems.
    If you know how to do this way it could be the easy way to do. Just plug a Null Cable between your computer and the X2 and download the database/sharebank directly from the box using the EZM. Do all your changes and load back to the box.
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by niljaviya View Post
    Thanks for help...eventhough ..if you can't take pic or video...just mention steps...that would be great help...

confusion in my mind..let me explain..and want to make my understanding clear...

- this box has has two kind of back up

1) database - backup/restore - when you choose any option(backup/restore)...this one is done internal saved by box..(i guess this will take back up of satellite + channels + IKS settings etc ) you can't see the file name or extention because it's done internal ...
    2) backup / restore with USB/OTS etc. - when we choose this option ( back up to USB ) - this will back up everything in box ( means flashed image +channel list + satellite + iks setting ..fairly entire box) with given file name.ssu (saved to USB)

- is my understanding correct ?? because i am trying to OPEN usb backup .ssu file ..which possibally can't open by EZM tools ( i am guessing..not sure ..clearing my doubts)
    - or as mentioned in -1) - is there anyway (which i don't know) to get that internal database backup to USB and possible open by EZM tools... in that case how to backup that database file to USB ??

please help me to understand this idea !! help appriciated ..thanks in advance...

Answer to #1. Internal database only save the channels/ sats info. NO firmware or applications is saved.
    Answer to #2. Will depend which option you choose once you get to the USB options (Application- Complete backup Database /Sats info including firmware or software.) (Database- Only channels/sats info w/out the software).

Try loading the December firmware , set your date and sats and do a scan to any of your sats. Then, make a backup to your USB and try to open the file with the EZM. Maybe bringing back your internal saved database is the problem why it cant be open with EZM

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks .... i will do and update here...
    Thanks for help....i did yesterday...
    -i already flshed with December firmware...
    - than i did fully factroy reset ..so there is no any old database !! and box has default satellite list (which has also NA satellite what i need)
    - i set up everything and scan all satellite (blind scan)
    - i have all channels as useally like RP**** ....

- today evening i will back up again to USB and try to open !! update here

thanks

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    One Question here !! how to get database back up on USB ??

when i choose backup to USB... it just start with msg. " don't switch off the box while back up "
    it never ask ( i don't know how ) what back up ? Application or database ?
    if i can backup only database to USB ..may be problem fixed ...because i am always able to back up everything backup.ssu ! that's posible problem.... i am thinking...
    please write steps...to get database backup to USB !!

thanks in advance..help appriciated

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow instructions given on post #11

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123