Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I thought about messing with the satellites.xml file, but that is a bit more than I want to get into right now. It may be something I explore later.

As for the satellites.xml file getting too big? That would take a very long time, especially if you delete all the satellites in the .xml that you cannot use. Two satellite .xml files that contain satellites and transponders for the entire world take about a MB in space. The average E2 receiver has many MB of free memory.

So far I am enjoying the way it is set up now. Deleting the transponders that are already in lamedb saves a lot of time in service scanning, plus it is much easier to see what channels are feeds or are 16 APSK.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I was thinking more of scan processor system time utilization vs. memory size.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finished installing this new feature. Everything seems to work as I expected. A nice addition for finding new channels without having to rescan everything.

This feature should work with any enigma2 receiver that has blindscan.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Thanks ViP3R, rrob311 thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice... did it speed up the scan?

6. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It depends.
    This feature will not decrease scan time on a satellite that has not been scanned, or on a satellite that has no channels in lamedb.
    This feature can cut scan times by 50% or better for satellites that have previously been scanned or on satellites that already contain channels in the lamedb file.

Remember, this feature looks for new transponders or transponders that do not have channels stored in lamedb. Blindscan still finds the same amount of transponders. The only difference is enigma2 goes into the lamedb file, and looks for transponders that have the same orbit position as the blindscan was configured for. The transponders that were matched in lamedb are deleted from the list of transponders found in the blindscan.

The Service Scan searches the transponders for services or channels that were found in blindscan. The Service Scan does not take as long when some of the transponders that blindscan found are removed. The Service Scan is what takes the most time in an enigma2 blindscan. Anything that can be done to speed up the Service Scan will greatly improve the overall blindscan speed.

There is a draw-back or issue with everything you do. This feature is no exception. Any channel that is added to a transponder will be skipped IF that same identical transponder exists in lamedb for the orbit position being scanned when this feature is being used.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Thanks ViP3R, eastof111, DaveLH, mountaineer thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I placed some time stamps on these screens so it is easier to keep up with how long a scan takes. The channels on 105 West can take forever to scan, and this same issue existed on 139 West. It looks like it is fixed now, so a complete blindscan of this satellite takes around 15 minutes. The transponders that are found can be scanned in around 10 minutes, and will give 0ver 2000 radio channels. No other fta receiver that I know of can scan like this.

Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Thanks mountaineer, eastof111 thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I placed some time stamps on these screens so it is easier to keep up with how long a scan takes. The channels on 105 West can take forever to scan, and this same issue existed on 139 West. It looks like it is fixed now, so a complete blindscan of this satellite takes around 15 minutes. The transponders that are found can be scanned in around 10 minutes, and will give 0ver 2000 radio channels. No other fta receiver that I know of can scan like this.

12. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a rescan of 105W with the transponders that have channels stored in the receiver removed.

Setup Screen

Scan Start

Scan transponders with no channels

Scan end

The rescan of 105W took about two minutes.
    I have spent time testing this new feature today, and it is Very Easy to find the 16APSK feeds using these settings. No other fta receiver that I know of has a scan feature like this.

14. Thanks DaveLH, mountaineer, ViP3R, eastof111 thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A rescan of 99W took between 6-7 minutes.

16. Thanks DaveLH, mountaineer, eastof111 thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did a scan of 99 West this morning and got this:

It looks like I have the bugs worked out of this new feature,and wi be glad to share it with those that want it. Again, the only problem I see is: Transponders in lamedb are not scanned. IF the transponders in lamedb add channels, they would be missed because the lamedb transponders are not scanned. How often do transponders have channels added?

Blindscan is a crapshoot on every receiver that I have owned. It will probably always be that way for the foreseeable future.
    The Enigma2 blindscan of transponders is not that slow, but the Service Scan that follows the search for transponders can take a long time. Not scanning the transponders that are in lamedb cuts the average overall blindscan time by 50% or more.

18. Thanks eastof111, mountaineer thanked for this post