Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Just tried it with ATV.... changed from tuner to settings and it worked. Will try with Satdreamgr later.

2. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 10750 Circular blindscan has been or will be added to the following images.
    SatDreamGr (now, latest release)
    OpenATV (now, openatv-5.3-vuduo2-20160815_usb.zip)
    OpemPLi

Special Thanks to Athoik for reviewing the changes and turning them in.
    Last edited by el bandido; 08-15-2016 at 02:01 PM.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Thanks ViP3R, eastof111 thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear the good news!

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see the 10750 l.o. in the latest OpenATV AzBox Premium Plus image.

7. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! Everyone benefits.

9. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    10750 just in time for me to play with the OS Mini.

Thanks to all who made this possible! E2 is the future and support will always be there, not just for a year or so.

click click b00m

11. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido, rodder liked this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    AzBox Premium Plus was introduced in 2009-2010. E2 images are still being made for it today. Other receivers from 2010-2012 still have E2 support. You will not find closed source receivers getting support like this. Now the Premium Plus has the 10750 blindscan included in OpenATV.

Enigma2 has improved a lot in the past few years. It could improve even more for North America, but only a few people seem interested in doing the work needed for improvements.

13. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes rodder, eastof111 liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well put. But unfortunately, the Euro market vs. the U.S. are not currently E2 equal. The Euro market has a different work environment and slower life style than the U..S which allows more time to commit to play with E2. Plus, since E2 has a major market share there, more people are dedicated to improving E2. An elite attitude on some of the Euro forums doesn't help when posting help questions.

In the U.S., time is money.... gotta feed the family, make the necessary mortgage payments, keep up with the Jones, work while on vacation, etc., etc. Totally different life style from the Euro environment. Here, in order to accomplish the Euro equivalent with E2, you must be semi-retired and enjoy programming or be a dedicated programmer willing to give up $ in order to donate to the E2 population.

Over a year ago, I approached my in-laws (professional programmers with stock brokerage companies) to check out the blind scan code and write some new code for the Duo2. Their answer was a polite no, because they were too tired after a days work to mess with python. Once they got home, it was the last thing they wanted to do. Namely, think about or attempt to program unless it was mandated by their company.

Yes, time is at a premium for many people who are willing to test and play with E2, especially dedicating themselves to programming. Kudos to you for being one of those people dedicated to the E2 hobby and getting the Euro crowd's attention and to incorporate the refinements.

Obviously, it's very hard to convey a simple, logical and well meaning response to a topic when typing vs. a verbal answer.

15. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing that I have wanted for a while is a feature in blindscan that will ignore the transponders that are stored in the lamedb channels file. My reasoning behind this is simple: Why bother scanning a transponder for channels if you have already scanned that transponder for channels?

There is already one provision in the blindscan plugin that allows you to skip the scan of transponders that are stored in the satellites.xml file. While this feature is better than nothing for our part of the world, I felt North America would be better served by a provision that excludes the scan of transponders already logged in the lamedb file.

So I found the time to sit down and write it. My next feature to the blindscan plugin allows for the reading of the dvb transponders that are in the lamedb file. The transponders found in lamedb are deleted from the transponders found in the blindscan when this feature is selected in the blindscan plugin. The results are what I expected. Overall blindscan times are improved because transponders that are already in lamedb are not scanned again. Feeds and new transponders are more easily found and recognized.

As with any blindscan feature, the omission of scanning the transponders located in lamedb is not perfect because new channels that are added to transponders that exist in lamedb would not be found. Anything you do with the blindscan will have pluses and minuses or advantages and disadvantages. My idea is to add more features to this plugin so we can have faster scan speeds.

My thoughts are moving now towards what to do with the transponders that are found in a blindscan? Currently I save these lists in a folder of the receiver because not all of my e2 receivers have internal hard drives. What about email? Why not have the found transponders emailed to me once the reviver completes the blindscan? Emailing the blindscan results is something I am thinking about and may try to do.

Attached is a picture showing the blindsan results of 99W today. This was a complete frequency scan,but the transponders that have channels in lamedb were automatically deleted.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by el bandido; 02-26-2017 at 05:04 PM.

17. Thanks skink, DaveLH thanked for this post
    Likes eastof111 liked this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "There is already one provision in the blindscan plugin that allows you to skip the scan of transponders that are stored in the satellites.xml file."

During the scan, can the newly found transponders be added to the existing satellites.xml file? On a future scan, the new ones would be skipped because they exist in the satellites.xml file. Eventually the satellites.xml file would grow rather large and would need to be purged.