Thread: Blindscan

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I decided to go back to OpenPli image and see if I could find the blind scan plugin. I found it in system settings and downloaded it without any issues however when I attempted a blind scan my receiver crashed just as it had done with the PbNigma image. I don't get it, is this receivers' blind scan only functional with Vix?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went back to OpenVix image and blind scan working spot on:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crash logs are made automatically
    Nobody can really tell you why a receiver crashed unless you post the log for that crash.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that EB but I haven't the slightest idea how to retrieve it and actually understand it. My question is why is blind scan working flawlessly with the Vix but crashes with all the others?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    I understand that EB but I haven't the slightest idea how to retrieve it and actually understand it. My question is why is blind scan working flawlessly with the Vix but crashes with all the others?
    A hell of a lot of time has been put into getting blindscan working with ViX (many dozens of hours if not hundreds), images like Pli rely on others to do the work for them and provide them with patches, where as in ViX we did the work our selves (and by we I mean people like Huevos).

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have not a clue. Can't tell you why it does not work without looking at the crash log (and still may not know even with the log).

Crash logs are usually stored in one of two places in any enigma2 image.
    If you have a hard drive, look in: /media/hdd
    If you do not have a hard drive, look in: /tmp
    What to look for:
    A crash file will be a .txt file that starts with "enigma2_crash_"
    Look for the crash file and post it. You may have several crash files stored. If that be the case, you will need to figure out which was the last one stored or which one belongs to the blindscan crash. It is a good idea to routinely delete these logs to avoid confusion. A crash log should be generated every time the receiver displays a green screen.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale-Rider View Post
    A hell of a lot of time has been put into getting blindscan working with ViX (many dozens of hours if not hundreds), images like Pli rely on others to do the work for them and provide them with patches, where as in ViX we did the work our selves (and by we I mean people like Huevos).

The blindscan plugin in OpenPLi has more features than the blindscan plugin in OpenVix. I think Huevos updated PLi plugin too.

Throwing stones at other images does not help anything. I run images made by many different groups and there are things I like/dislike in all of them.
    Enigma2 is open source which means that things will be borrowed or shared. I am not going to take time here to make a list, but Vix has borred from PLi and PLi has borrowed from Vix. This is the way open source is supposed to work.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must say that PbNigma is my favourite image but I really like the OpenVix as well. Blind scan is working well and the latest vix image and openvix magic hd noire skin is awesome. Cheers to Huevos and all the Vix team.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the past when images that used blind scan were maturing, crashes usually occurred when the tuner settings for the lnbs did not match the lamedb. Revisiting the tuner settings and making sure they were correct, sometimes, but not always, solved the green screen crashes. This use to be an interim fix.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been trying out some of the other images this morning and i too like the PbNigma and Openspa but filezilla would not work with either one of them said unsecured connection like costactc said they both had extremely fast manual scan and they also the blindscan pulled in in 3 tps and 16 channels on 125 but for now i am back on OpenPli

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast