image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Try these.

Openspa login = root Password = openspa
    PBnigma login = root Password = powerboard

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    The blindscan plugin in OpenPLi has more features than the blindscan plugin in OpenVix. I think Huevos updated PLi plugin too.

Throwing stones at other images does not help anything. I run images made by many different groups and there are things I like/dislike in all of them.
    Enigma2 is open source which means that things will be borrowed or shared. I am not going to take time here to make a list, but Vix has borred from PLi and PLi has borrowed from Vix. This is the way open source is supposed to work.
    No one is throwing stones, certainly not me. you are a member of the Pli forum and you must have seen the dozens of threads neah hundreds where users have requested help and their developers have basically fobbed them off quoting ridiculous reasons like "we need a patch". You cant tell me with a strait face that's any thing but arrogance on their part and if you do i will say you are a liar.

as for borrowing things from Pli, every single line of code that we have used from Pli has always been credited to the appropriate author, Pli however while standing on their high horse sprouting rubbish about opensource principles simply do not adhere to this most basic of principles. In most cases and you can check for your self if you do not believe me, we have pointed out multiple times parts of the OE-A git where a fix resides and may be of help to Pli, and Pli always refuse to use that fix but insist on a patch being provided directly to them. This was true of the blindscan work by heuvos as well as the SNP picon work by Huevos and several hundred other fixes / improvements we have offered Pli over the years.
    Last edited by Pale-Rider; 04-26-2015 at 02:48 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    after trying PbNigma and Openspa for a few hours they had some things i liked and some i did"t like so this morning i decided to start fresh i loaded OpenPli be cause i believe i like it the best i made a new sat file then went to 125 and blind scaned it and this time it found 3 tps and 16 channels. so i believe there must have been something wrong with the other sat file.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will eventually get my 4' ku dish in action and will blind scan Amc 21 to see how my solo2 compares. OpenVix will be the image I am sticking with, am not picking sides but parts of this thread are getting a bit too personal for me.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    I will eventually get my 4' ku dish in action and will blind scan Amc 21 to see how my solo2 compares. OpenVix will be the image I am sticking with, am not picking sides but parts of this thread are getting a bit too personal for me.
    No personal attacks here, well not from me any way. Heated discussions yes but thats a natural part of spending thousands of hours work on a project then seeing people just dismiss that work without knowing all the facts.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good m8, thought things were getting a bit personal. In the process of passing my actuator wire to scan Amc 21 and see how blind scan does on my solo2.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    It is best to find one image you like instead of trying to load different images and becoming confused about the outcome. Get used to the box and the E2 operating system, then branch out to other images if you want.

As for the personal part, FTA is just a hobby for me. I run what works best for me and tell others what I find.

Basically, The blindscan plugin is just an interface for the closed source binary blindscan provided by Vu+ or other manufacturer. The E2 blindscan pluign has a couple of extra features in OpenPLi than it does in OpenVx and most other images. Other than that, the blindscan plugin will work about the same in any E2 image because the actual blindscan binary is provided by the manufacturer.
    If you open a saved blindscan .XML in OenPLi, you are greeted with this message at the top:
    File created on Sunday, 26 of April 2015, 11:03:43
    using vuduo2 receiver running Enigma2 image, version 2015-04-23,
    image Openpli 4, with the blindscan plugin updated by Huevos

Last time I checked, there was no mention of who updated the plugin in the OpenVix blindscan .XML. So OpenPLi gives credit to Huevos for updating the plugin, and OpenVix says nothing.

This is the extent of my concern. I could care less about the animosity or disagreements between groups.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just found somthing on OpenPli you can scroll channels on a sat with the right and left buttons

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can set the remote buttons up to do many different things. They are 'User Adjustable".

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I finally got my 4' dish to Amc 21 at 125w and blind scanned it. The results are 2 tp scanned in with 16 channels:

12112 v 8703
    12180 v 30000

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678