Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Vu+ Solo 2 Arrival
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Mailman came a knocking today with my new Vu+ Solo2 receiver. I can't wait to get this box going but limited time constraints during the week with work:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations!
    I would suggest using an OpenVix image First because it will have everything you need to get started including blindscan.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Testing the Zero has been awesome but a receiver of that nature with blind scan will be great. As I mentioned in my first post, time constraint during the week but I can't wait. I will start with the Vix image and take it from there, mind you your OpenPli image that I'm using on the zero works for me as well.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy OpenPLi because it is lean or not a full image when you first install it. You get a basic image that allows you to install options such as fastscan or blindscan as you want or need them. Images like this usually run very fast, but the Solo2 is a fast receiver, so you will not notice extra additions as much.

OpenVix is a very nice image that has everything you need, and caters very well to the beginner. This is why I suggest you download and install it first.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Costa. Should be interesting to hear how it scans.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't powered up the Solo 2 yet but was planning on flashing the latest Vix image. Do you flash it the same way as the zero?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    I haven't powered up the Solo 2 yet but was planning on flashing the latest Vix image. Do you flash it the same way as the zero?
    pretty much yes, although unlike the Zero you have to press the blue touch sensitive button when instructed to (not applicable if using the image manager to couch flash from within the image only applies when USB flashing).

As always there is a full flashing tutorial in the guides and tutorials section on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ALSO be very very careful if this is a clone because they can still be hit with the easter timebomb from last year.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks PR, I figured it out. What a difference with the zero, everything is displayed on the front panel. And of course we finally have blind scan. When I have more time I will add all my info:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blind scan doesn't work, am I missing something. I setup both tuners individually and attempted a blind scan, I ended up getting the same message- no transponders found. A manual scan on Anik F1R at 107.3w for only open channels came up with 65 channels. Does blind scan not work with the OpenVix image?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blindscan works.

Post a screenshot of the blindscan settings. I think this should be: Menu--->Setup--->Service Searching--->Blindscan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast