Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    E2-Upgrade
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I'm currently using the vu+zero and dreanbox 800hd for e2 but was wondering what the best upgrade would be for me. I need a box that has a blind scan and the capacity to open iptv channels and works well with kodi. I'm no computer guru and I don't care about a hardrive but looking to invest in the best that is out there. I know all about the vu+duo by the peeps that are testing it here and I have heard about the gigablue quad as well. I don't want to invest in a box that is considered a has been as the vu has been on the market for quite sometime but rather a box that would be considered to be a keeper. All input and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I downloaded and installed a 3-27-2015 ATV image for the AzBox Premium Plus last night. Enigma2 boxes get outdated as far as speed and performance, but the popular E2 boxes will be supported a long time after the production line has stoped. The Premium Plus runs about 300 MHz and is terribly slow when compared to a dual core receiver running at 1300MHz. The Premium Plus lacks many features and plugins that are available with newer boxes, but you can still watch tv with the Premium Plus today and even have an updated image for it.

The problem with a brand new receiver or a receiver that has just been released is support has not been established, so some of the advertised featurs may not work correctly. There may also be bugs or defects in a newly released receiver, and these issues (if they exist) will need to be solved. The Enigma2 operating system will be very simialr in new or old receivers, so once this system is learned, it really does noty change much.

I consider a receiver that has been on the market foir a year or two to be in its prime. A receiver of this age has had time for all the bugs and issues to be addressed, and a track record of the receiver's performance has been established. Price is almost always high for a newly released receiver, and the price normally decreases after a year or two. The firmware life expectancy of a closed source receiver is around 2-3 years, and the firmware life expectancy of enigma2 receivers can easily exceed 5 years.

My suggestion for you is the VU+ Solo2. This receiver has all the basics, including 2.5 inch hard drive support. It has been on the market for a little over 2 years, and the blindscan is probably the best that Enigma2 has to offer right now. Support and features of the Solo2 are similar to the Duo2, but the blindscan is supposed to be better. ATSC Terrestrial support can be easily added to this receiver. I do not have this receiver but have been thinking about getting one.

The Euro is down right now as compared to the dollar and this makes the receivers more affordable for us. A Genuine Solo2 can be purchased for under 300 dollars U.S.

Whatever you decide to buy, make sure that you get it from a reputable dealer. Clone receivers are not supported in many ways, and clone receivers generally do not perform on the level of an original receiver.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply EB, I do respect your opinion and always will. I was wondering if vu+duo files are compatible with the vu+ solo2? Like the file you have posted for the vu+zero which I installed on my box which literally changed it, I guess you need to know what you are doing.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    El bandido the azbox premium plus working good on the Enigma2? Because I have mine but never tray the enigma2.About the blind scan working better on the enigma2.My box don't give me any problems but if working on the enigma2 I like to upgrade.Tank you
    Last edited by tanka2; 03-28-2015 at 09:53 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Costactc
    Regarding new receivers, the talk of the town is this receiver Mut@ant HD2400 it has the duo 1300MHz processors and it suppose to be very fast, my new receiver Miraclebox ultra also has the same processors is fast, they both have internal WIFI, but the Mut@ant HD2400 is a option you have to pay for it, they both come with 2 tuners by default you can add more.
    I agree with EB about new receivers and bugs, so far mine is been working with no issues, just trying the WIFI on my Miraclebox and is very good and fast.
    They both supported by more than a few groups, thinks to consider, warranty, standard install features and hardware.
    My 2c
    Regards.
    Chewie

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Tanka2
    I also have the AZBOX PLUS, with enigma, it works fine but the blind scan still very slow.
    Regards.
    Chewie

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate all your input, I will look into the mut@nt 2400hd as well. I'm a true fta dude so blind scan is of the upmost importance to me in an enigma 2 receiver.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's some older reviews that may help you decide. As you can see the prices have dropped considerably from last year due to the Euro collapsing. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Do not quite understand the question, but on the files- both open source and closed source-lots of times, several boxes will be similar, so only a few modifications are needed for a master file or image in order to make it work on several makes/models.
    In other words, the Solo2 will have access to the same files as the Duo2 with few exceptions. And the VU+Zero will have access to the same files as the Duo2/Solo2. The difference being the speed of the box(es) and the memory of the box(es). The speed and memory will more or less dictate what features will be available.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you chewie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast