Thread: E2-Upgrade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Just pulled the trigger. I ordered a new Vu+ Solo2.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really think you will enjoy that box. I suggest that you find some kind of 2.5 inch hard drive to install in it. You said earlier that you did not care about this, but the receiver will not be at its full potential unless an internal hard drive is installed.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I really think you will enjoy that box. I suggest that you find some kind of 2.5 inch hard drive to install in it. You said earlier that you did not care about this, but the receiver will not be at its full potential unless an internal hard drive is installed.
    Any suggestions? I do hope that the blind scan issue has been addressed, I heard that it wasn't working several months ago.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Internal or external hard drive?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had a chata while back with Huevos about the Solo2 blindscan. He takes care of the plugin for it in OpenVix and says that the Solo2 has a more sensitive blindscan than my Duo2 due to the tuners.

Internal hard drive, notebook/laptop 2.5 inch. Almost any will work long as it is sata. Let me see if I can find you one, or you may be able to get one from an old laptop computer. Having an internal hard drive will allow you to store backup images that can be restored with a push of the remote button. Timeshift, screenshot, and record all need some kind of storage and the internal hard drive works the best. You do not have to maintain it much once it is installed and initialized.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know Huevos well, aside from being a bit arrogant he really knows his stuff and he really hates Fortec dishes. I have an old laptop that I kept because it has a 9 pin socket which can be used to recover a bricked receiver via rs232, don't know if its sata as this laptop is quite dated.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I would expect that hard drive to work, but you may want to ask around and make sure before you buy it. I doubt you regret installing a decent internal hard drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12