1. Collapse Details
    ATV and VIX plus multiboot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    For the last four or five prior versions of ATC and VIX, I haven't been able to use these images on my multiboot stick. Both stop short of loading the image. Rebooting will display the logo of either image but again stops short of loading completely.

Loading the latest image of either one in flash works fine. Wonder if they changed something, because in the past when this happened with multiboot, the problem was always corrected in their next release. Not so this time.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing has been changed to purposely prevent ViX from working in a Multiboot environment even though ViX has ever officially supported multiboot.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, maybe it's the NFR multiboot not working properly. Will have to try open multiboot which is a different version number from the one NFR utilizes.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loaded Vix 153 to flash and plugin Open multiboot v. 1.0. Added the latest ATV to usb multiboot stick and everything working fine from the usb stick, including Sundtek.

Loaded latest ATV to flash and plugin Open multiboot v. 1.0. Added the Vix 1.53 to usb multiboot stick and everything working fine, including Sundtek.

Only difference between the two multiboots is that NFR multiboot has more options available to the user and has been my favorite for almost a year.

For some reason the NFR multiboot 4.0 is currently not cooperating with the latest ATV and VIX images.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello East
    I am running ATV right now on flash, loaded Open multiboot v. 1.0 plugin, I can load other images to the USB but when it comes to switch, from one image to another it does not work, does yours work?
    Regards.
    Chewie

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far, I've only had time to test VIX and ATV. Yes they do work, but for the first time when you load a new image to the usb stick and after rebooting you will not be able to go back to the flash image unless you allow the open multiboot to load the module to the stick. Once that's done, the flash image or what ever is on the usb stick will be accessible to load and should work.

Open multiboot does not have a boot menu prior to loading the image as NFR does which allows you to select any image on the stick prior to booting. Also, NFR multiboot automatically loads the module to whatever new image you install on your stick. Plus it has a nice menu offering the latest image which you can select to install from the various teams. Would be nice to see these two items added to open multiboot. Too bad it currently doesn't work with VIX or ATV.

I am hoping I'll be able to use my receiver and tv tonight (my wife wanted to remodel) and everything is disconnected. If I can, I will load a few other images to the usb stick and see what happens. Currently, I have VIX 153 in flash and ATV on the stick.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight had a thunderstorm producing low signal levels on ku. Using VIX 153 in flash, tuned to a normally weak transponder and it went into a search loop rendering the rc keys useless. Only option was to turn power off and reboot. Tried again to tune in the same transponder and it produced the same result. After a reboot to VIX, selected ATV from the open multiboot menu and rebooted to ATV. Went to the same weak transponder and ATV went into the same search loop but allowed an exit by pressing the exit button.