Thread: Dreambox 800HD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Thats not OpenVIX mate. VIX don't officially support Dream Multimedia receivers. Its more than likely a modged version of OpenATV with VIX skins and VIX plugins like the OpenVix for SH4 receivers. Either that or its a ported version of Vix for the Vu+ Solo 1.

You won't get any support from any of the VIX team for that image, although if you are happy with it all well and done. There are plenty of images that have been ported over to the DM800 like Blackhole, but as with any ported image support is very limited.

The good thing with the DM800HD is that so many teams have done images for them you have probably more choice than any other receiver.

Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini Dish with Fracarro 0.1db lnb, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Technomate TM5402HD, AB Prismcube Ruby, Evo Xfinity Android, nBox 5800s & Amiko Alien 2

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm having a slight issue with dreambox edit. After going to options it automatically recognizes my dreambox, which I don't have connected, on my vu+zero ip and when I hit the new profile button it doesn't do anything and still retains the same info of my dreambox.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by manicscrewdriver View Post
    Thats not OpenVIX mate. VIX don't officially support Dream Multimedia receivers. Its more than likely a modged version of OpenATV with VIX skins and VIX plugins like the OpenVix for SH4 receivers. Either that or its a ported version of Vix for the Vu+ Solo 1.

You won't get any support from any of the VIX team for that image, although if you are happy with it all well and done. There are plenty of images that have been ported over to the DM800 like Blackhole, but as with any ported image support is very limited.

The good thing with the DM800HD is that so many teams have done images for them you have probably more choice than any other receiver.
    Any image you would suggest that would have more options? I'd like to decide on an image before tackling the vu settings. I find the image I'm using now is a bit buggy.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I flashed the latest image by ramiMaher-OoZoon and now am flashing Blackhole 2.1.5, we'll see what it looks like before actually keeping it. I'm also thinking of trying an OpenPli as well.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by manicscrewdriver View Post

Correct, although we did very briefly produce a limited run of the ViX 2.0 series images for DMM hardware, we just did not have any teams members with the correct receivers to test the images, so they were binned. We did also approach DMM them selves to offer official ViX support but they pretty much told us to go take a flying jump so we did.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I kind of like the basic image of Blackhole and will be sticking with it:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't having much success with dreambox edit so I decided to use filezilla instead. I managed to transfer North American sat list to my dreambox from the file from my zero using filezilla, however the sat list incorporates all sats not just what I had on my zero, it's a start for now. I will be attempting the other 2 file transfer.

Telstar 12-15w

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Use FileZilla to transfer the lamedb in etc/enigma2 and satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox.
    Transferring the antenna settings is a bit more complicated.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Use FileZilla to transfer the lamedb in etc/enigma2 and satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox.
    Transferring the antenna settings is a bit more complicated.
    Satellites.xml was already transferred EB, I will giving lamedb a shot next.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cant understand why you are having so much problems with Dreambox edit mate, Its never let me down once. You have to make a profile for both receivers, set the profile to the Vu+ and download the channel listings to the PC and then change profile to DM800 and then upload.

Works everytime mate.

Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini Dish with Fracarro 0.1db lnb, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Technomate TM5402HD, AB Prismcube Ruby, Evo Xfinity Android, nBox 5800s & Amiko Alien 2

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast