Thread: Dreambox 800HD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I rebooted the dm800 and I saw sim 201 on the front panel display.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to find the most compatible image for this box which would have tsmedia and others, do prefer open pli. It just seems really complicated to change the image on this box, too bad it isn't as easy as the vu+zero.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its a doddle to change the image. Connect it to your router, switch it on until you see ***stop*** and an IP address.

type the IP address into the browser on a PC or MAC connected to the same router and then just flash from the webif. I found it easier than flashing my Vu+ or Gigablue.

Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini Dish with Fracarro 0.1db lnb, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Technomate TM5402HD, AB Prismcube Ruby, Evo Xfinity Android, nBox 5800s & Amiko Alien 2

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by manicscrewdriver View Post
    Its a doddle to change the image. Connect it to your router, switch it on until you see ***stop*** and an IP address.

type the IP address into the browser on a PC or MAC connected to the same router and then just flash from the webif. I found it easier than flashing my Vu+ or Gigablue.
    Thanks but I'm a novice at this stuff. If you have the time, detailed steps would be appreciated.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can boot the box into flash mode by holding down the power key, you should be able to find out which bootloader the box is using by accessing the webif.

We need to make sure you have the right image before flashing it. I'm guessing if its EDG Nemesis thats on it it will probably be bootloader #82 Find out which on it is and we'll go from there.

This should help you flash your box once you have decided which image to use.

Don't be suprised if some images don't boot, certain ones don't play well with cloned boxes.

Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini Dish with Fracarro 0.1db lnb, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Technomate TM5402HD, AB Prismcube Ruby, Evo Xfinity Android, nBox 5800s & Amiko Alien 2

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think he bought a clone?

More on flashing the DM800 can be found in the link.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    I rebooted the dm800 and I saw sim 201 on the front panel display.
    Most definately, Its a SIM 2.01 based clone, fortunately they are the best supported out of all the clones available. If its purchased as new it would be unlikely to be genuine due to how long ago Dream Multimedia stopped producing them.

I would recommend using one of RamiMahers Gemini based backup images as they are quite stable and will have all the plugins you require including TSMedia. I found the most stable image on my old clone DM800HD was the EDG Nemesis image thats already on it, although you will need the extra.url to be able to access the EDG download server.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK. So loading original OpenPLi image would risk clone detection which might erase the bootloader or do something else to make the box useless?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would give it a NO CA error and would essentially brick the box if you use a genuine image on it. You can recover the box from a NO CA error, but sometimes it can be a right pain and other times it works first time.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by manicscrewdriver View Post
    If you can boot the box into flash mode by holding down the power key, you should be able to find out which bootloader the box is using by accessing the webif.

We need to make sure you have the right image before flashing it. I'm guessing if its EDG Nemesis thats on it it will probably be bootloader #82 Find out which on it is and we'll go from there.

This should help you flash your box once you have decided which image to use.

Don't be suprised if some images don't boot, certain ones don't play well with cloned boxes.

Yes, it is a clone. Sim 201 #84a.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast