Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Dreambox 800HD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I ordered a new Dreambox 800hd last week and should be receiving it this week, another affordable toy to test out E2 and other things:

Dreambox DM800 HD PVR Satellite Reciever Box Specifications:
    - 300 MHz MIPS Processor
    - Linux Operating System
    - OLED - Display
    - MPEG-2 / H.264 Hardware decoding
    - Tuner: DVB-S, optional: DVB-C, DVB-T
    - Tuner Module, Plug&Play
    - 1 x Smartcard-Reader
    - V.24/RS232 Interface
    - 10/100Mbit Ethernet Interface
    - 1 x Scart (RGB, FBAS or S-Video)
    - DVI
    - 2 x USB 2.0
    - analog modem
    - S/PDIF Interface for digital bit stream out (AC-3)
    - 64 MByte Flash, 256 MByte RAM
    - SATA
    - for use either as internal SATA HDD 2,5“
    - or to use for extern eSATA

- unlimited channel lists for TV/Radio
    - channel-change time < 1 second
    - automatic service scan
    - directly bouquet-lists
    - EPG (electronic program guide)
    - multiple LNB-Switching control (supports DiSEqC)
    - OSD in many languages and skin-support
    - Videotext Decoder
    - extern 12V power supply

DreamBox DM800 technical data

DBS-Tuner mit DVB-S2:

Frequency Range 950 .... 2150 MHz
    Demodulation DVB-S (QPSK); DVB-S2 (8PSK,QPSK)
    Symbol rate DVB-S: 2 ... 45 Mbaud/s, SCPC/ MCPC
    DVB-S2: 10 – 31 Mbaud/s (8PSK) , 10 –30 Mbaud/s (QPSK)

Video decoder:
    Video Compression MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 compatible, H.246
    Video Formats 4:3 / 16:9
    Letterbox for 4:3 TV-Device

Audio decoder:
    Audiokompression MPEG-1 & MPEG-2 Layer I and II, MP3
    Audio Mode Dual (main/sub), Stereo
    Frequency: 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz
    Output analog:
    Output Level L/R 0,5 Vss on 600 Ohm
    THD > 60 dB (1 kHz)
    Crosstalk < -65 dB

Output digital:
    Output Level 0,5 Vss on 75 Ohm
    Sampled Data Filtering 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
    S/PDIF-Output optical, Toslink

Ausgang Video:
    Ausgangspegel FBAS 1 Vss +/- 0.3 dB an 75 Ohm

Video parameter:
    Input Level FBAS 1 Vss +/- 0.3 dB on 75 Ohm
    Teletext filter in conformity with ETS 300 472 Standard

TV-Scart:
    Output: FBAS, RGB, S-Video

Serielle Interface RS 232:
    Typ RS232 bidirectional
    Bitrate 115,2 kBit/s max.
    Plug Connector SUB-D-9
    Function: Update of Firmware

Ethernet:
    10/100 MBit compatible interface
    Function: Update of Firmware

Analoge modem:
    analoge modem for Internet connection

SATA Interface:
    - for use either as internal HDD 2,5“ or eSATAor internal 2,5" HDD

USB
    2 x USB 2.0 Host

LNB power and polarisation per tuner:
    LNB Current 500mA max.; short-circuit-protected
    LNB Voltage vertical < 14V no load, > 11,5V at 400mA
    LNB Voltage horizontal < 20V no load, > 17,3V at 400mA

Count of active satellite position:
    DiSEqC 1.0/1.2 SAT POSITION / SAT OPTION
    DiSEqC - Rotor Control

Power consumption:
    < 15W at 12V

External PSU
    Input:
    110-240V AC / 50-60Hz / 0,6A
    Output:
    12V = / 3,0A

Physical specification:
    Ambient Temperature +15°C...+35°C
    Humidity < 80%
    Size (W x D x H): 195 mm x 140 mm x 40 mm
    Weight: 1,8 kg without HDD

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It finally arrived today:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Upon booting I get Nemesis 2.4 on my screen, I'm not quite sure how old this is but I'm going to find out. The dreambox isn't equipped with an hdmi socket but rather dvi socket. A dvi to hdmi cable came with the box and I started it on my little tv using composite cables which are on the back of a European scart socket. A quick look at the menu looks familiar with my vu+zero as this would be a typical e2 menu? I entered the ip addy and it brought me to the Dreambox Webcontrol site:

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need to figure out how to transfer my North American sat list from my vu+zero to my dreambox but it has been a long work week so I will pick this up tomorrow. I also need to find an image with blind scan that is compatible with this box. I'm sure the e2 gurus here can give me a hand, a demain folks.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The original DM800 is something like 6 years old now, maybe even older. Also be very careful loading images until you verify if the unit is genuine or a clone. loading the wrong image onto a clone DMM will kill it.

I also don't believe this receiver is blindscan capable, however if it is it wont be a hardware blindscan but software based and thats really really slow and very unreliable.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    I need to figure out how to transfer my North American sat list from my vu+zero to my dreambox but it has been a long work week so I will pick this up tomorrow. I also need to find an image with blind scan that is compatible with this box. I'm sure the e2 gurus here can give me a hand, a demain folks.
    I think OpenPLi has a blindscan plugin for the DM800. You will just have to check and see. You can expect it to blindscan as slow or slower than an Az Premium+ running enigma2, which takes 30-45 minutes to scan one satellite.

Moving channels and settings from the Zero should be easy. Three files is all you need to mess with.
    You will need to copy your antenna settings from the Zero's setting file in etc/enigma2, the paste the copied settings into the settings file for the Dreambox.
    The lamedb file in etc/enigma2 has your channel info, so you will need to install that file in the Dreambox.
    The satellites.xml will need to be transferred, else the settings and channels may not work. You can find the satellites. xml in etc/tuxbox.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blindscan is pretty much a waste of time on this box.

Use Dreamboxedit to transfer you NA channel list from your Vu+ to you Dreambox, It will transfer all your favorites and also the important satellites.xml file. You can find it on the ihaveadreambox site in the datbase section.

I use it to transfer my main channel list between all my E2 receivers, although you could also use Dreambox control Center, although i find Dreamboxedit (any version) better suited to my needs.

The one thing that will become completely obvious with this receiver is how little space there is for plugins in the flash memory. To get round this use either flash expander which will basically allow you to move the whole VAR file over to a USB penstick or use Barry Allen. I find the best way with these boxes is to use Barry Allen which will allow you install upto 8 different images on a USB pendrive whilst leaving the original flash image completely intact.

if you mess up the image on the usb you just boot up from flash and then remove the damaged image and then just start again from a freshly installed image on the USB. It can save a lot of hassle later on if your new to the receiver.

I'm sure Barry Allen is included in the TSMedia plugin, although its best to see if you can find the straight IPK files and install it that way or you could install it using Dreambox control center as the video shows. TSMedia is definately the easiest way. It may also have Meoboot which is essentially the same thing.

The best way to flash an image to the flash memory is using this method, its the same for all boxes wether Clone or not.

Use Internet Explorer or Chrome when flashing via the webif as firefox doesn't seem to always work for some unkown reason.

i have to re-ittertate make sure you use the right image for the sim otherwise you will get the dreaded NO CA error.

If you need any help just ask.

Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini Dish with Fracarro 0.1db lnb, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Technomate TM5402HD, AB Prismcube Ruby, Evo Xfinity Android, nBox 5800s & Amiko Alien 2

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on the ihaveadreambox site but it's quite complicated as mostly German is the maon language of this site. I went to database but can't seem to find dreambox edit. Upon booting the Dm800 all I see is Nemesis 2.4, is there somewhere else I can check to see if this is an original or a clone?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry i meant look on the OLED front display of the receiver. Failing that you can open it and take the sim out. It should be written on it what sim it is.

Dreambox edit on the Ihaveadreambox site is under Dreambox - Programme / Tools -> Settings Editoren

Use an older version as the IHAD team have been known to use software that won't work with clones. I use version 5.1.1.1.

I have attached it to this thread

Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini Dish with Fracarro 0.1db lnb, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Technomate TM5402HD, AB Prismcube Ruby, Evo Xfinity Android, nBox 5800s & Amiko Alien 2

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the file. How do I remove the sim as I have been looking into images, the seller told me that this is a clone.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast