Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Dreambox DM500-S
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The new Dreambox DM500-S just arrived. It's supposed to be a linux receiver but I find it odd that the only way to hook this receiver up is with a scart socket or composite(rca) cables.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its just a standard Enigma 1 DM500s thats only capable of standard definition. DMM never made a genuine DM500 in that case, its a chinese clone. If it was meant to be a HD box you needed the DM500HD not the DM500s.

Its also doubtful that it will move a DISEqC motor, even the genuine one had problems with it.

You will need a null modem cable and a copy of Dreamup to flash images to it. If you decide to install a Gemini image on it make sure you do not install anything newer than Gemini 4.3 as newer versions have a clone bomb in the software that will kill the receiver.

EDG Nemesis and SIF images are good ones to go for on this receiver. I think there is also a Commando Neutrino image available for it to.

Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini Dish with Fracarro 0.1db lnb, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Technomate TM5402HD, AB Prismcube Ruby, Evo Xfinity Android, nBox 5800s & Amiko Alien 2

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    250 MHz IBM PowerPC Processor (350 Mips)

That receiver will be too slow to do much. Still, good to have something to play and learn with!
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all honesty they are good little receivers if your just watching TV on them. They run cccam, mgcamd and oscam without any issues what so ever so they are ok for IKS. They are not the most exciting receiver but still more capable than some of the none linux/enigma receivers available. Its last decades technology, but never the less still a good little receiver with lots of support.

I think i have most of the images and emus that were available for them on my NAS drive somewhere, if you need any just let me know.

Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini Dish with Fracarro 0.1db lnb, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Technomate TM5402HD, AB Prismcube Ruby, Evo Xfinity Android, nBox 5800s & Amiko Alien 2

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by manicscrewdriver View Post
    In all honesty they are good little receivers if your just watching TV on them. They run cccam, mgcamd and oscam without any issues what so ever so they are ok for IKS. They are not the most exciting receiver but still more capable than some of the none linux/enigma receivers available. Its last decades technology, but never the less still a good little receiver with lots of support.

I think i have most of the images and emus that were available for them on my NAS drive somewhere, if you need any just let me know.
    Thanks bud, I might tale you up on that.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I played with one a couple of weeks ago. This is a good toy to make you spend or lost a vast of time. To tell you the true a real nightmare. I loaded the latest Openpli (which no longer produce updates) , scan some sats and work fine using fixed dishes. After a day or two I turn on the box and everything was erase so I redid everything. It was nice to get a box connected with your PC and share files. You need to get familiarize with the Dreambox programs. To load the image you need a null cable and to load the channels database you use the internet connection. After erasing everything for the second time I gave up. Its real funny to play with but a real time consuming! The picture and screen looks great even if is SD. Good luck my friend!
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    The new Dreambox DM500-S just arrived. It's supposed to be a linux receiver but I find it odd that the only way to hook this receiver up is with a scart socket or composite(rca) cables.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Just for the record mate, the DM500-S was discontinued by Dream Multimedia some 7 years ago (or more), at this point there are more counterfeit versions of this receiver in circulation than there ever were genuine ones.

I'm not saying it's a bad receiver as I still have it's big brother the DM7020-S but it's enigma one and as old as the hills these days.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale-Rider View Post
    Just for the record mate, the DM500-S was discontinued by Dream Multimedia some 7 years ago (or more), at this point there are more counterfeit versions of this receiver in circulation than there ever were genuine ones.

I'm not saying it's a bad receiver as I still have it's big brother the DM7020-S but it's enigma one and as old as the hills these days.
    Only reason I picked it up was that a positioner I wanted was out of stock so instead of a refund they sent me the Dreambox.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Only reason I picked it up was that a positioner I wanted was out of stock so instead of a refund they sent me the Dreambox.
    In all honesty mate, I would have chosen the refund or put a little more to it and gotten a E2 box, the E1 platform is pretty much dead now, with little to no development in the past four or five years.

The only reason I still hold onto my E1 boxes (DM7020-SI, DM600 PVR, and two TM600's) is for sentimentality more than any thing else as they will never fetch as much as I paid for them and I hate selling old receivers.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I stil have two old DM100s boxes which are pretty much useless. They keep both the kids happy so i see no point in replacing them just yet.

Just because its old doesn't mean it is useless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast