Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by tanka2 View Post
    Did you have the 10 ft dish? I have the 8 Ft dish and on the 8 ft the premium 2 did scan seven more channels then the 3 on the 55.5 west .After the 55.5 west to the 137 west premium 2 and 3 the same
    I agree with you that tuner sensitivity on the premium is superior to the III but the latter does still have a very sensitive tuner. I just finished scanning 55.5 and 58w with all tp and channels scanning in, and yes that's with my 10' bud.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed the PIII is working more smooth with no hang out since this new firmware. I heard PIV will use the same firmware as the PIII but in a well constructed with more memory box.
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The internet connection does seem more stable. The films section has a new look.Besides that I have not spotted any change as yet. The blind scan still does not function except on a full scan which it does very well. A part scan hardly ever works.

I do like the feature to change satellites using the page up page down buttons. On a big dish precision is tricky so if you move to a satellite and the dish stops a wee bit short you can press the page up/down buttons to move to the next satellite and then back again to lock onto the signal. It saves having to go into the menu and choose the satellite you are at with the satellite selection menu and then go to the motor manual to move the dish. Incidentally the signal meter is a bit of a blunt instrument in fine tuning weak signals. I still use my Dr HD D15 to fine tune the dish to the optimum signal. Still, the X2 does find more channels in blind scan, especially when the feeds are grouped closely together and it is VERY fast.

I now find with the 2 receivers working in tandem I get a more satisfactory experience.

4. Collapse Details
    premium 3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andyx thank you for that post .Because my language not english .I don't explain everything I have.My problem are the same ones did you have.If that box did have the tuner of the two.I have the perfect receiver for me.Because the 55.5 west 61.1 and 58 west like until five years ago no problems but now on the s2 8psk and the qpsk I missing same channels.And my dish are about over twenty years old and only 8 ft very good align. Only the Prem two.Do one good job .I have vantage vt1 cust $450 euros to canada vantage 1100hd $240 and very good before s2 bout now same as premium 3.Thank you about the post.And two years ago I exchange feeds before I have astrotel pm 93-c/ku and servo motor and on that feed no problems because I change servo motor do little touch and the vantages do very good on the 55.5 58 and 61.1 .Bat now I have bull eye 2 chaparral
    two lnbs norsat for c band two lnbs for ku band but on that feed no servo motor I tank the problem are missing the servo motor to adjust because the signal on same channels on the 55.5 west not that good. For the premium 2 no problem one good mercedes from 1972 not from today
    Last edited by tanka2; 03-24-2015 at 08:48 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Veo que mi X2 premium lll anda inestable las peliculas se ven como en cámara lenta ¿ porque será? la misma instalación con mi jynbox va bien fluida la velocidad.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have that same problem sometimes that AndyX mentioned about the big dish not stopping exactly on the satellite. I think the trouble is just an old actuator that has too much slack in the tube. If I'm moving the 10' east to west, it stops perfectly, but going back to the east it seems to fall short almost every time. Not using X2 for moving the big dish, and it is only for cband signals. Have an old GI 550 IRD to move the dish, and it is not equipped like tankas with the really nice lnbs, only a cheap c-band lnbf. And I can't see 55 from here because of a mountain, but 58 usually works well ( I have a dedicated 8' dish for 58W but hardly ever use it).

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does this receiver handle high bitrate feeds? Does it stutter at all like many older receivers do?
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12